“Wonderful old world ambiance with exceptional food and value”
Review of Rosie's Pub

Rosie's Pub
Ranked #7 of 258 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2012

4 of us went this Saturday night. Reservations are a must. It was absolutely full. The pub mix appetizer was plenty for 4, with onion rings, jalapeño poppers, waffle fries, fried mushrooms, mozzarella sticks with ranch and marinara dressing. Don't mistake this pub food for TGI Fridays. This is the real deal, and twice as good. The first special was mushroom raviolis, pot roast, and gravy: mmm, good! The second was mahi mahi with Thai chili and mango salsa, wonderful fish, nearly unbelievably good for central Illinois. With our bottle of Karly Amador Zin, and flatbread bourbon barbecue, the total still was under $125 with generous tip. Go there, if you get to Bloomington, IL. You will have a great time!

1  Thank J Philip H
There are newer reviews for Rosie's Pub

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Tried Rosie's today for the first time. Dropping daughter off at IWU and wanted to try a new place. Food was delcious and presented in a much more upscale manner than what you would expect,,,,service was also excellent. Just a heads up, they are closed on Sunday and Monday.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I sat in the bar since I was eating alone. Had a great glass of wine, ordered the stuffed chicken breast which was delicious - it came with a large portion of steamed vegetables which were quite good too. Started off with a house sald which which was a nice spring mix - no iceberg here! The house red pepper vinegarette was great. Pricing was very good and staff was attentive, even though they were busy. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Went there with a couple that I know while visiting Bloomington. I had the Cioppino & Pasta (Scallops, lobster, shrimp, baby spinach, spicy white wine tomato sauce over linguine) which was good but the serving was huge. There could have been a lot less pasta. The amount of seafood was excellent though. I also had a Ceasar salad and the dressing was very good. My friends had the stuffed pork chop and the lobster ravioli. I think the lobster ravioli was great for the taste I had - I'd definitely get that next time. For dessert, we shared the chocolate lava cake and it was extremely rich, too rich really. I wish I would have tried a lighter dessert. The service was good. I'd definitely try it again.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Two business associates decided we should have dinner in a quaint downtown restaurant and took me to Rosie's. The decor, with tin ceiling and stained glass panels was quaint and beautiful as they said. The food was very good, and I would not only recommend this pub but would definitely return when I am next in Bloomington.