Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)
View Hotel
All reviewssized refrigeratorlate checkcontinental breakfastgreat pricewould stay againstaff was friendlyreclinermuffinsdryerrateshousekeeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I went in to speak with someone about receiving a corporate rate for a total of 3-4 weeks of upcoming stas. It didn't smell too nice in the lobby and looked messy, really messy.

I asked them about prior received quoted rates that were higher than what is posted online...and the lady working with me said she didn't know, she doesn't "work for the website."
So she looks into it and says that they can do the standard room or the signature for 99 cents less than the site....so yeah then I question it since it's 99 cents less than online rate, she then double checks and brings up a $2.49 less rate for the standard, but nothing more on the signature.....

During the few minutes I was there someone called down saying their TV didn't work, the lady said they were full for the night so nothing she can do except "leave him a note for the morning" reffering to the maintance man. He must of requested a refund and whatnot saying they are going to go somewhere else. After a couple minutes they would process the refund but only if he came down and checked out tonight, but it would not be processed for 10-14 business days. I guess he pretty much had to stay put for the night, once off the call the lady I was working with gets back to me and starts saying "you believe this guy? wanting to check out because his TV is broken?"......oh almost missed it I also overheard her speaking with the guest saying "well the TVs are kind of old." I do not beleive this is what people are looking for when seeking "Customer Service."

Needless to say that was enough red flags for me to get out of there, and fast!!! Avoid this place if possible!!!

STAY AWAY! <-- My final verdict!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bamb64
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I originally had a pretty good review about this budget long term hotel. All good things must come to an end. My wife and I have been here on business since September 2011. Extended Stays moto is "The Longer You Stay The Less You Pay". We were told we were getting picked out in December without haveing the opportunity to renew. Corporate saw the errors of there ways and were were allowed to stay. Our rate went up $100 a month. "The Longer You Stay The Less You Pay???? That's there Motto, therefore their contract with us. Here it is January 2012. "The Longer You Stay the Less You Pay". We just got a memo from the Hote Manager, Margarita Logan, 25 January 2012 stating that she is eliminating the 30 day long term lodging contract and increasing the rate again to $863.70. "The Longer You Stay The Less You Pay." Do yourselves a favor and get an apartment if you plan to stay more than 30 days. If you get a roommate you'll save yourselves about half what you'll pay at this Extended Stay America. They have the worst Television selection I've ever seen, no exercise facilities and your woken up 5 in the morning by the trash trucks dumping the dumpsters at the Berger King next door. Spend the extra $20 bucks a day and get a free breakfast, pool and workout facilities. WE ARE OUT OF HERE. THANKS FOR YOUR BROKEN PROMISES EXTENDED STAY!!!!

Room Tip: Used to be a good value. If your hardup for a place for a short time and you don't care about amenities. This is the place to be.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DENNIS B
Reviewed October 21, 2011

If your looking for a free breakfast, pool or workout room this isn't the place for you. If you looking for a clean room at a very reasonable rate, friendly staff and every eatery and shopping convience close, this is the place for you. The daily rates are reasonable and the extended rate can't be gotten anywhere in the Bloomington-Normal area. My wife and I have been here for four (4) weeks with our two dogs and have been as confortable as we could expect. The management jumps on any issues you migh have. We had a noisy refrigerator that was replaced within an hour. Great housekeeping and front desk staff. Can't beat it for the price and convience. Ask for Hilary, She's the one with the big smile.

Room Tip: Call ahead. I like the rooms on the end. Easy access to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Champaign - Urbana. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

During our inspection of the room, we noticed an insect on the wall. My wife (who is experienced with insect taxonomy) identified it as a bedbug. We left immediately.

On the way out, I asked the desk clerk to refund our room charge. He said he couldn't, but the manager would have to handle it. I asked that the manager please call me. I did not receive a call from the manager, but our credit card was not charged.

On a side note, this hotel's entrance was really difficult to find. Its driveway is between two unrelated properties, and it's really easy to miss.

Room Tip: Be sure to check for unwanted visitors before bringing your bags in.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BernardWingrave

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Reserved 2 kitchenettes 8/5/11 to 8/7/11. Both rooms were clean and the kitchen had all the comforts of home (utensils, pot, skillet, plates, etc.). Got a good night sleep each night. Food was ordered from the local pizza palor. Staff was friendly and check-in / check-out was a breeze. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Champaign - Urbana. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.