“Business Trip”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Norfolk, Nebraska
“Business Trip”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I spent two nights at the hotel. The staff were generally very helpful and customer-friendly. My room was clean but the bedding was a bit worn. There was a hair on the top sheet when I got into bed. The bathtub had some kind of a mat that moved around when I showered and the drain was broken and laying off to the side. I don't think I would stay there again.
There were many baseball players and families staying there for a youth tournament. The staff insisted they keep the noise level down and I had no problem sleeping because it was definitely quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank M M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear M M,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I am pleased with your compliments on our hotel staff and room cleanliness. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It sounds like we fell short of your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and I hope you will continue to choose IHG for your travel needs.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Vernon Hills, IL
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in numerous hotels in this area and for the money, you can do better. Rooms are clean but nothing special. Pool was a little less than clean looking and when my tv didn't work in the room, the front desk gentleman bruskly said to jiggle the power cord since it often comes loose (it was). Simple problem but could have been handled with a smile. There are several better n otels in this area but they were already booked wbich is why I stayed here. Above average price for average place.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mike M
Julie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mike M,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We strive to meet those high standards that people come to expect from us and it is clear we fell short on your visit. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. I hope that in the future you will give our hotel another try, so that we can show you what a great hotel we are!
Minneapolis MN
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stopped here late on our way from St. Louis to Madison. Rooms were comfortable and quiet
Complimentary breakfast was very good, and the staff was very friendly. Rooms were very clean.The pool was closed for maintenance, but it looked like it was a nice pool and whirlpool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear 44Kath,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Deocrah, Iowa
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Everything was fine, here, although I would've appreciated staff members who were interested in their guests. No greetings, no pleasantries, no nothing from the front desk staff. I felt like I could've been murdering someone in the lobby and no one would've looked up from their computers.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank fox4cefive
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear fox4cefive,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, I am disappointed to hear about the inconveniences you had with our staff. We strive to provide every guest with the highest level of service and customer care and we deeply regret that on this occasion we have failed to deliver. I apologize for any negative impressions you may have had.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Central Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here as part of a wedding party weekend. The rooms were delightfully comfortable and spacious. The included breakfast was tasty, and the staff kept the breakfast stocked even while we all came down to breakfast at nearly the same time. We'll stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Somereader, Thank you for letting us know what a great stay you had with us! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Florence, Alabama
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for one night and chose Holiday Inn because of pleasant stays at other Holiday Inns. The air conditioner was so noisy in order to get to sleep I had to remove the cover and put a wash cloth around the vibrating copper tubing to stop it. One of the bedside lamps didn't work, and the tub/shower had rust around the drain and needed some updating. The halls smelled of the pool chemicals. This was not the standard of other Holiday Inns.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear John P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise created by the air conditioning. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Chicago
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I needed a hotel room for one night as a late stop over while driving from St. Louis to Chicago. Bloomington is a good half-way point. We like HI Express so selected this property. Check in. Easy breezy. Somehow we got a handicapped-access room. Whenever this happens I can't help but feel odd. Those rooms are for those who NEED them. Sort of like taking a handicap parking spot just because it happens to be vacant. In any case, being 6'2", being in that room meant the shower head was about shoulder-high, and the top of the bathroom mirror was even lower. The TV wouldn't turn on at first. Plugged into a bad outlet. Switched it to a different outlet and it worked perfectly. AND...they provide actual HD for their HD TV. I can't stand when loftier properties advertise that they have HD tvs then provide only standard def programming. The room was ample in size and quite clean. Location is ideal for I-55 access. A solid value choice but request a non-handicapped-access room.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear ChiWeather,

Thank you for your feedback. While I am pleased that you had a smooth check in as such we regret that you found the room accommodations and amenities less than satisfactory.. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. Please remain assured that we will share your comments with the respective departments to improve upon our service and products.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Zelyn N