“Good overnight stay”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Minnesota
“Good overnight stay”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Somewhat isolated from town, but wonderfully located for a freeway stop. Good accommodations. Clean pleasant room, comfortable bed and helpful staff. There are no real restaraunts around. Fast food mainly. The reviewer that mentioned an adjoining restaraunt may have been thinking of a different hotel. I recommend this hotel, but perhaps l ky for a night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was expecting something dingy because it's an "express" but I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, room smelled fresh and the lobby was pretty nice. we arrived at 9pm on a Friday, and waited about 20 minutes because the lady right in front of us took forever and there was only 1 guy working, Joshua. But Joshua was super nice and was working really really hard. By the time it was our turn, there were about 5 people waiting in line behind us. Joshua provided great customer service and we had a room with a king bed. bed was comfy, nice pillow, spacey room. the bathtub had a small circle of the plastic peeling off the floor, but it wasn't a big deal. Continental breakfast was great- a pancake machine that made them fresh in 1 minute, french toast, eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, bagels, croissants, cereal, milk, juice etc. (which did taste funny, but i have never tasted juice in a hotel continental breakfast that tasted fresh). We didn't try the pool or fitness center. We paid $80 through hotwire and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank learntolive
El Paso, Il
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A wonderful hotel, close to airports and many fine dining establishments. The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous and the cleanliness of the hotel is above none we have ever stayed at. The pool was just the right temperature and Baxter's Grill adjoining the hotel had the most fabulous food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IL
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had previously stayed at his hotel and for what i needed it for (a quick overnight stay). It was fine. The room was clean, beds comfy, but the bathroom had visible signs of hair in different locations. I did not use the breakfast facilities.

I recently made a reservation for a one night stay that had a cancellation policy that forfeited the night's stay. Unfortunately, I needed to canceI my reservation due to a change in travel plans. I called Holiday Inn National reservation # to cancel and they told me that the Bloomington HI Express only had the power to refund my one night's stay. I called and the manager would not refund my $89.00. I informed him that I would be a returning customer since I have business to do in Bloomington/Normal in the foreseeable future, but his lack of flexibility on him refunding my money would effect my decision to stay at this Holiday Inn Express again. He stated that it makes more sense to him to uphold his cancellation policy then to keep a prior and future customer. He had total power to refund my money and his lack of business savvy, management and customer service experience leaves me no choice, but to take my business to the Marriott Bloomington/Normal 9/28/12, 12:30pm

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathryn W
Julie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We are very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at a Holiday Inn Express. Unfortunately, I believe that this has been posted on our page by mistake, as we do not have a male manager at our property. I am the only one who makes those decisions and I normally do work with the guest to help them out if at all possible. It is unfortunate that this happened to you. If there is anything that the Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West can do for you in the future please let us know!
Ashton, IL
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Everything was very clean. The room was quite spacious. Beds were quite comfortable. Breakfast was good, too, and was included in the price of our room, which was extremely reasonable. The wireless internet worked well. The only downside was that the spa was out of order in the pool area. Otherwise, everything was perfect. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Southern California
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Recently remodeled hotel is fresh looking. The room was very clean and comfortable. Overall very good but not excellent because the wireless was spotty, available then not, which is really frustrating on business travel. Not enough bandwidth? And the bathroom was very small. Barely room to turn around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Allen, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Out of the places I've stayed in Bloomington this has been my favorite so far. This is the only place that has yet to get me back for a second week.

The rooms are nice and large, and everything (except the bathtub) seems new and clean.

Pros: The rooms have microwaves and mini-fridges, always a great bonus. Free WiFi that actually works with decent speed! Typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast.

Cons: small workout room, pool looks murky, bathtub has rust spots.

Overall the pros greatly outweigh the cons. I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business