“Magic Night”

The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We received a gift certificate from friends for a Chateau package stay. We used it on our anniversary, and had a wonderful time. The room was spacious and comfy, with all the amenities we could ask for, and a gorgeous fireplace. The bed was very comfy, and my wife had more than enough pillows to satisfy her needs! We had a problem with a movie we ordered on our TV having no sound, and the clerk at the desk was very helpful and was able to take the movie off our bill right away. Restaurant and lounge were nice, with friendly service, and the pool/hot tub were also very nice to use. Will come back again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 30, 2009

Spent 2 days and one night at the hotel Thanksgiving weekend. After a few nights in a chain we were looking for something different, the Chateau filled the bill. The chlorine smell from the pool permeates the entrance and lower level where our room was located but did not affect the room itself. The room was a bit worn but fine for one night. The lobby is beautiful and very different from the run of the mill, the library with it's lovely fireplace and antique porters chairs was a great spot to sip wine and relax. We had dinner in the lounge, the bartender was fun and attentive and the food was very good. Breakfast the next morning left alot to be desired, the only good thing to be said for it was that it was included in the room charge. Overall I would say it was an ok experience, but with a beautiful old castle like property like the Chateau it should be amazing not just ok!!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Do not bother going to this motel. You can have a reservation as several other people did besides my wife and I and The Chateau would not honor the reservations. There were two groups besides the eight reservations in our group who were shifted to a different motel because the Chateau would not honor the resevations that we all had. The motel gave our reserved rooms to a group that was there during the week and wanted to stay longer. Your taking chances if you make reservations with this motel and if they even acknowledge the reservations. This will be the last time our group of about 45 reservations will be dealing with this motel. We have been coming to this motel for the last 4 years to be with the group who has always reserved a block of rooms every year for the last several years.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The hotel is run downdown. It seems that the area needs a large hotel such as this one, but it is seriously in need of updates. The bed - King - was in bad shape. We ended up falling to the middle. The sheets very scratchy, and the pillows lumpy. There is an odor in the hotel, from the main front door entrance to the rooms. There is lots of deferred maintenance to the building, outside to inside doorways are rooted, etc.

The staff was pleasant, we had no problems with staff.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed here for a Wedding, we were promised adjoining rooms that we did not recieve in fact at first we were an entire floor apart. None of the bridal party was anywhere near each other which made getting ready and communicating very difficult. We were not able to get in to set up the Wedding room on time finally had to get a manager and ask those that were having a meeting inthe room to please leave so that we could set up this was around 1230 so not asking to much in my opinoin. Next during Wedding pics the hotel staff was arranging large items in some of the prminant wedding pic sites and we were told that they would be done in a couple hours and we could come back. My friends spent lots of money on this wedding and they were not trreted like it. Finally my reservation was messed up and upon checking in had to be changed and last week when I checked my credit card statement I was billed for an extra room, when I contacted the hotel the firts person I talked to said she could do nothing and I needed to call back the next day and talk to someone else, I asked her to give me the details on what the stay was and when trying to get to the bottom of it and she said that would take to long and I could call back all she would give me was the room # that I supposedly stayed in, so the next day I called back and left a messeage for the man I was instructed to talk to, and when he did not call me back by the next day I called again and spoke to someone behind the counter they were a little more helpful explaining that it was a charge for a no show and no cancelation even though I had the confirmation # for the cancelation he still could not help me I needed to talk to this one man and I left him another message, this was over a week ago and I have still heard nothing POOR QUALITY AND POOR SERVICE!!!!! I WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN NOR RECOMMENDING THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank mommymindy
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We stayed on a Saturday night and had a great time! I was concerned initially because of older reviews I had read (dated back to Oct. 2007). I contacted the manager and was assured that renovations had been done in 2008 and the hotel was under new management.

I was not at all disappointed! We had a fireplace suite, and it was great! The furnishings throughout the establishment were very tasteful; and everything was very clean. The food was incredible!!

We had the Chateau package - a very worthwhile deal. We will definitely go back again!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2008

We purchased the 2008 New Year's Eve Package at $159 plus tax. Was a terrific and fun experience. The band, Rock of Ages, was terrific and will be at the Chateau again for the 2009 New Year's Eve event (which we have already booked). Great room, great New Year's Eve and great service!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple