“Hotel is nice - customer service, not so much!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Lawrence, Kansas
“Hotel is nice - customer service, not so much!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

First stay here - hotel was great! But, reservation was messed up, and staff did NOTHING to try to resolve. I ended up with a room, not the one I reserved and actually a more expensive one than I reserved, and I was charged for the higher-priced room, but needed a place to stay and it was late. When I tried to resolve the mistake with the staff I was told mistakes happen all the time when people reserve online, and it's "not our problem" - really??? I use the online reservation system all the time, and have NEVER had a problem in the last 4 years (until now), but if I had, I would have expected the hotel to try to resolve the problem. Messed up reservation aside - the rest of my stay was excellent. I will give them a try again; mistakes do happen. Just hope their customer service attitude improves...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Spent 5 days here with my wife and daughter; we were in a suite that included a small kitchen. Overall: fine. Comfortable beds, everything worked, the price was reasonable. Other reviews have called it "dingy" but "dated" might be a better word. Yes, the carpet is worn in places and the paint had a few dings--but for the price it was more than adequate. My only negative: the breakfast was, while plentiful, wasn't all that good. Industrial eggs, brick biscuits, and apples that had clearly been value priced by the bag.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was quiet even though there was a youth conference in the hotel. Good room--an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank veteranhostelvisitor
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the second year that I've used this hotel for a workshop and it just got better. The team is awesome, they genuinely care about your neesds and stay. Quentin the hotel manager is the nicest guy you could ever meet. He knows his property! Bobby the night manager is a delight, he made sure our needs were met that evening also did Denise. This team should be rewarded, great job guys, thanks for making our stay a great one. The hotel is nice and clean, so are the rooms. If you are there with nothing to do, no worries, this hotels has plenty to offer...although I didn't get a chance to use the facility, I was quite surpise at the amenities. If you're ever in Bloomington, IL ...stay here, you will be happy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Bloomington hotels
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#8 of 22 in Bloomington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport
The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington

Property: Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington
Address: 1 Lyon Ct, Bloomington, IL 61701-9527
Location: United States > Illinois > Bloomington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Romantic Hotel in Bloomington
#6 Business Hotel in Bloomington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington 2.5*
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington lies at the intersection of Interstate 55 and 74 near Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University as well as several major corporations. We are an all-suite hotel, and each suite comes equipped with a sofa bed, kitchenette, refrigerator and microwave, perfect for a weekend getaway or longer stay. Enjoy our newly renovated lobby and stop in to On the Rocks, our lobby bistro, for a meal or beverage, or have room service deliver your meal within minutes. Free amenities include hot breakfast buffet, USA Today and local newspaper, and high-speed Internet access. We offer a 24-hour fitness center, heated indoor pool, meeting space, business center, guest laundry, dry cleaning service and express checkout. Non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our Bloomington, IL, hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Bloomington Hotel Bloomington