Although this Hawthorn Suite is right alongside the interstate, we found our room, on the interstate side of the property, was very quiet. I rarely heard the sound of road noise. As a result, we got a very restful sleep in the king size bed. The room was very clean and everything worked very well.
The only negative I experienced was the complimentary breakfast the next morning. When I went to get my first cup of decaf from the coffee bar, it was lukewarm at best. Also, all the entrees weren't available; the trays needed to be refilled. These problems might have been due to the attendant who seemed to be having organizational issues. I noticed the front desk attendant talking with her several times about what to do and when and what priorities to give to certain things. This may have been a case of having a new attendant learning on-the-job. It was too bad that the guests had to suffer since others were having the same problems as I with the coffee and entrees. Also, the OJ from the dispenser was diluted to the extent that it tasted more like water than OJ.
I expressed my concern to the front desk attendant and he apologized and promised that improvements will come. Since my visit was several weeks ago, improvements should have been made by now.
The big plus is the internet rate for lodging. It is very competitive with a Microtel but the property provided many more amenities and more extensive breakfast offerings. The facility is outstanding compared to others in the area.
I will return to this Hawthorn later this year. I am hoping that the breakfast issues have been resolved and that I can give this Hawthorn a 5-star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington lies at the intersection of Interstate 55 and 74 near Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University as well as several major corporations. We are an all-suite hotel, and each suite comes equipped with a sofa bed, kitchenette, refrigerator and microwave, perfect for a weekend getaway or longer stay. Enjoy our newly renovated lobby and stop in to On the Rocks, our lobby bistro, for a meal or beverage, or have room service deliver your meal within minutes. Free amenities include hot breakfast buffet, USA Today and local newspaper, and high-speed Internet access. We offer a 24-hour fitness center, heated indoor pool, meeting space, business center, guest laundry, dry cleaning service and express checkout. Non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our Bloomington, IL, hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Hawthorn Suites Bloomington
- Bloomington Hawthorn Suites