Even though the rating on TripAdvisor was not great, we stayed here because a family member got a great price on a block of rooms for a wedding. She said she told the manager of my concerns. The manager's reply was along the lines of, "You can't trust TripAdvisor because people that are with other hotels can write bad reviews." Anyone reading this knows better. To me, that is an excuse by poor management.
My parents let us know early not to get room 318. They were first in it and asked to be moved because of 4 or 5 different issues (They said the things were all items that should have been given to the maintenance staff...or were, but not taken care of). The front desk did move them with no problems, and gave them complimentary drinks at the bar/lounge in the lobby. We were put in room 317 - right across from 318.
The room seemed pieced together to make it a suite. As soon as we walked in there is a chair directly in front with a 6' light stand right behind the chair. The tv is in front of the chair. The bed is tucked in around the corner. My girlfriend, who has stayed at other Hawthorn Suites, said this is a normal set up for them. From what we got I was somewhat pleased. - It was only minor issues throughout - bad paint job, dark room, not visually pleasing, etc. - I would have given it a 4, until I took a shower. When I moved the water from the tub faucet to the shower chunks of mold came out of the shower head. It stopped after the initial burst. Later I took another shower. The same thing happened. I let the front desk know on the way out. They said they would leave a message for the maintenance staff. - See above comment about maint. of room 318. The kitchen sink faucet had corrosion buildup also.
We did not have breakfast because we met others at Cracker Barrel, which is next door to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington lies at the intersection of Interstate 55 and 74 near Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University as well as several major corporations. We are an all-suite hotel, and each suite comes equipped with a sofa bed, kitchenette, refrigerator and microwave, perfect for a weekend getaway or longer stay. Enjoy our newly renovated lobby and stop in to On the Rocks, our lobby bistro, for a meal or beverage, or have room service deliver your meal within minutes. Free amenities include hot breakfast buffet, USA Today and local newspaper, and high-speed Internet access. We offer a 24-hour fitness center, heated indoor pool, meeting space, business center, guest laundry, dry cleaning service and express checkout. Non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our Bloomington, IL, hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Hawthorn Suites Bloomington
- Bloomington Hawthorn Suites