Years ago, when Rush Limbaugh advertised Hawthorn Suites, I started looking for those hotels wherever we traveled. I was very pleased to be able to get a great, great deal for this property, for Nov 28-Dec 2, and we checked into this hotel last night, with great anticipation of a great stay. The first room we looked at, was smelly, and an "accesible" room, which we did not need. The best part about that room is it had the only flat screen TV we saw, after looking at 3 other rooms. The bathroom sink was beyond small, and the kitchenette was just an ette. We then looked at 3 more rooms, before having to choose the room that was the least objectionable, because we were not able to get our money back, per the reservation. The room we settled on was SMELLY, DIRTY, OUT OF DATE, there was no bedside light, the smoke detector is hanging from the the wires in the ceiling, and the kitchenette refrigerator looked like it had been shipped down from the Arctic, as it has ice buildup to the point that the door almost did not shut. The carpeting was very very VERY stained, not cleaned in the corners and along the edges of the room, and the smell in the room was like that of sour milk and urine, But, every place in town was booked up, and since we could not get our money back, we stayed.. We wore shoes all through the room because the carpet is so dirty our socks got dirly. When we checked in, the person in front of us, already a guest, told the desk clerk the lights in the room did not work. She said she would tell maintenance. When we checked out this morning, the person behind us was telling the clerk of problems in HIS room, and the desk clerk stated she would tell maintenance. The bar/dining area of the hotel is right by the front desk, and while checking in last night, the noise was soooo loud, the desk clerk had to plug her ear and keep saying what, to the person on the other end of the line. The breakfast this morning was not acceptable, so we went out to eat, after checking out. The faucet in the kitchenette sink was hard to turn on, and the truck noise last night, right outside our window, awakened us. If you have to look at 4 rooms, and then just pick the least objectionable, that should tell you this is not a glowing property. I am glad others found this property so great, but, really, this just sucked... I will add pictures to this when I get to my home, next week, to back up everything stated here.. I don't remember what this property was in a previous iteration, but, expecting something that would be a place someone famous would love to stay at, I am very unhappy I HAD to stay there last night. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington lies at the intersection of Interstate 55 and 74 near Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University as well as several major corporations. We are an all-suite hotel, and each suite comes equipped with a sofa bed, kitchenette, refrigerator and microwave, perfect for a weekend getaway or longer stay. Enjoy our newly renovated lobby and stop in to On the Rocks, our lobby bistro, for a meal or beverage, or have room service deliver your meal within minutes. Free amenities include hot breakfast buffet, USA Today and local newspaper, and high-speed Internet access. We offer a 24-hour fitness center, heated indoor pool, meeting space, business center, guest laundry, dry cleaning service and express checkout. Non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our Bloomington, IL, hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Hawthorn Suites Bloomington
- Bloomington Hawthorn Suites