Me and 6 family members recently stayed in 4 rooms at the Hawthorn Suites on a Saturday night. The hotel was super easy to get to right off of I-55. We were all impressed upon entering the lobby. It is bright and looks newly refurbished, and there is a bar & grill off to the right, as well as a seating area for the free hot breakfast available the next morning.
The staff that checked us in was helpful and tried to accommodate our last-minute request to have a few rooms close to each other, even though they said they assign rooms in advance. I stayed in a 1-queen suite, and this was very large, clean, and nice. It had a small refrigerator, sink & microwave in the room.
Although we did not bring swimming suits, the pool area looked very nice, and we wished we would have. We all had a great night's sleep and met for the free breakfast on Sunday. They had a nice hot spread--scrambled eggs, sausage links, tator tots, belgian waffles, biscuits & gravy, as well as cold cereal options, juices, etc. The ONLY ONLY complaint I had about the entire stay was the bananas on the breakfast line were gross - all black and not pleasant at all to look at. I remember reading that in another review as well, so HAWTHORN--please provide yellow, ripe bananas but not overripe. This totally detracted from the nice breakfast display you had.
I was honestly a little nervous because the rate was so low that it might be a dirty hotel, but I was wrong! For under $50, the price I paid, this was an awesome find and I would definitely stay again if I ever had a need to go to the Bloomington area again. GREAT JOB!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington lies at the intersection of Interstate 55 and 74 near Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University as well as several major corporations. We are an all-suite hotel, and each suite comes equipped with a sofa bed, kitchenette, refrigerator and microwave, perfect for a weekend getaway or longer stay. Enjoy our newly renovated lobby and stop in to On the Rocks, our lobby bistro, for a meal or beverage, or have room service deliver your meal within minutes. Free amenities include hot breakfast buffet, USA Today and local newspaper, and high-speed Internet access. We offer a 24-hour fitness center, heated indoor pool, meeting space, business center, guest laundry, dry cleaning service and express checkout. Non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our Bloomington, IL, hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Hawthorn Suites Bloomington
- Bloomington Hawthorn Suites