“great value”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Tamassee
“great value”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was an overnight stay for the first time at a Hawthorne.
We were pleasantly surprised by the large rooms really like a small apartment. Very comfortable bed. The hotel was quiet facingthe front of building. Very friendly front desk and restaurant staff. Ate at the cafe in hotel which was good food value and convenient. Would recommend for overnight or longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
HARVEY
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was very please with my room I was in town for my daughters high school marching band competuition. I am an ISU Alum and this hotel was not here when I graduated. The was big enough me and my two daughters to stretch out and we bought food to warm up in the microwave. Our band placed first so we were in a victory after the competiton was over. I definitely plan on staying here next year it was close to the campus. I got a good rate I am a wyndham member but I booked it through AARP.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank KIMBERLY T
Papillion, Nebraska
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed there twice on a trip from NE to MD and back, on the 6th and 13th of October 2012. We were delighted with the front desk who answered our questions about the daily hot breakfast and other requests. My wife has Celiacs disease so must avoid gluten in wheat, barley, and rye. This presents a challenge with the average hotel breakfast which tends toward cereal, waffles, and baked goods. Also, the scrambled eggs in most motels comes out of a box and frequently contains wheat flour. The front desk contacted the cooking staff who actually showed us the carton used for their scrambled eggs and it was gluen-free. They also offered sausage and fruit, amongst a few other gluten-free offerings. The staff was cordial and helpful with questions about our room, which mainly centered around how to use the TV remote. The suite itself reminded us of another brand of motel which usually costs about $20 more per night than this one; the suite was slightly smaller than the competitor, but more than adequate for my wife and me. Not only can I say we'll stay there again, but we already have.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Bloomington hotels
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Bloomington West
Hampton Inn Bloomington West
#6 of 22 in Bloomington
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington

Property: Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington
Address: 1 Lyon Ct, Bloomington, IL 61701-9527
Location: United States > Illinois > Bloomington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Romantic Hotel in Bloomington
#6 Business Hotel in Bloomington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington 2.5*
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington lies at the intersection of Interstate 55 and 74 near Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University as well as several major corporations. We are an all-suite hotel, and each suite comes equipped with a sofa bed, kitchenette, refrigerator and microwave, perfect for a weekend getaway or longer stay. Enjoy our newly renovated lobby and stop in to On the Rocks, our lobby bistro, for a meal or beverage, or have room service deliver your meal within minutes. Free amenities include hot breakfast buffet, USA Today and local newspaper, and high-speed Internet access. We offer a 24-hour fitness center, heated indoor pool, meeting space, business center, guest laundry, dry cleaning service and express checkout. Non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our Bloomington, IL, hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Bloomington Hotel Bloomington