Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Duham, NC
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

Very friendly staff thats willing to make your stay very plesent stay, We have been staying at this hotel for 3 weeks every year for the past 10 years. Every stay is a very excellent, The rooms are always clean as is the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about your most recent stay at our Country Inn & Suites in Bloomington, Illinois.

I have shared your kind comments with my staff. Hearing feedback from our guest's on how we are performing is very important to us.

My staff and I pride ourselves on offering the highest quality of customer service in the area.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Hotelesis Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Whiting, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2010

We arrived late and we were greeted by friendly staff. Considering I had made the reservation online only 3 hours before, I was kind-of surprised they were expecting us. Very comfortable beds! Great breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2010
Thank you for your feedback about your most current stay at our Country Inn & Suites in Bloomington, Illinois.

My staff and I take great pride in offering the highest quality of Customer Service to our guests. I have shared your comments with my staff, to reward them for a job well done.

I want to thank you once again and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Sincerely
Barrington, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

This hotel overall is great for individual travelers. We had been a group returning for our 5th year, when we were told that the hotel management did not need to honor our contracts that we had in previous years and that they didn't need our block, "since they would fill up that weekend anyway". I did speak with their Corporate Office and since they are individually owned, they can do what they want.
The hotel is very nice, clean, great rooms, good breakfast bar and overall very nice, but when a customer returns after 4 yrs of return business - it was very insulting and frustrating to be told that they did not need our business. I guess the loyalty ot customers doesn't work that way at the airport Country Inn and Suites.

This is a great hotel for individuals, business or families. I just would like them to honor contracts and customer service for our group as they had done for the 4 previous years.

Outside of their General Manager and Group Rooms manager, the hotel is great. Tyrone, their Front Desk Representative is AMAZING and truly defines hospitality. He is a great person and when he is working, rest assure that everything will be great!!!!!! Too bad that the management hasn't learned what loyalty and hopitality means.

• Stayed February 2010
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are sorry that we were not able to agree upon terms for your group to sign a new contract in 2010 with our new rates and availability structure.

To be clear about this, we have had some increases in costs that have been passed on to us from our vendors. We try to absorb as much of these increases that we possibly can. We hope that you can understand due to these circumstances, we have had to make some adjustments to our rates for 2010. We understand that everyone has a budget to work within and we regret those times in the decision making process to have to adjust rates.

Once again I am sorry that our facility did not work out for you in 2010. My staff and I appreciate your very nice comments about our hotel and staff. We look forward to the opportunity in the near future to house your group.

Southwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

We frequently stay at Country Inn & Suites and stayed at this same property last year during their remodel. Compared to other Country Inns, this property has the best breakfast room bar none! The staff is very vigilant, constantly keeping everything filled, clean and neat. The overall design of the space is very comfortable and superior to most other Country Inns. The entire facility is very clean and management appears to be very involved in the maintenance of this property. Unfortunately we experienced the same issue with sofa bed linens as last year, but it was again very quickly rectified to our satisfaction. We have stayed at many properties in the Bloomington-Normal area and with the rate we received, we find the Country Inn & Suites by the airport to be an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2010
I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent hotel experience at our our Country Inn & Suites in Bloomington, Illinois.

I have shared your kind comments with the Breakfast staff. I would have to agree that Mattie and Deborah do an outstanding job of providing quality customer service as well as a great breakfast to our guests.

Thank you once again for your response and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Hotelesis Management Group
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

I recently stayed at the County Inn & Suites, Bloomington Normal Airport - what a lovely experience. I cannot think of one negative thing to mention. Everything was great - staff, food, service - it felt more like I was in a great bed & breakfast rather than a chain hotel.
The staff there really cares and treated us like family.

I will definatly return. A++++++++++

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2009
Thank you for your response and kind words about our Country Inn & Suites in Bloomington, Illinois. My staff and I take great pride in delivering great customer service and cleanliness of our guestrooms.

I will also be sharing your comments with my staff to reward them for their efforts in making sure that each guest has a positive experience as yours.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel before, when we attended ISU's Preview in July 2009 and it is a nice hotel. Everyone at the school suggested we book our hotel for Family Weekend (November '09) early, so I did just that. I used Expedia to book it in July. Received a confirmation and my itinerary was posted on the site and my credit card charged. Four days before we were scheduled to go to Bloomington (this weekend), Expedia sent me a reminder of the upcoming trip. A day later, I received an "urgent" email from them that the hotel had cancelled my reservation. I called the hotel first, to see if this was in fact true, and they said that Expedia had not sent in the reservation until this week and they were completely booked and therefore had no room for me. I finally got a hold of Expedia and they assured me that was not the case, that they had placed the reservation as soon as I made it, in July. They said they received a few other calls from people who had their reservations at this hotel cancelled for no apparent reason . Evidently the hotel likes to resell rooms at a higher rate and disregards long-standing reservations? Not sure, but I cannot think of any other reason.

Eric at Expedia found me another room at another hotel after several hours of checking. I am keeping my fingers crossed it's ok because the reviews are not great but at least we have a place to stay. He also gave me a voucher to use on a future hotel stay for all the trouble we went through.

So beware...you may arrive at this hotel in Bloomington and not have a room this weekend. It's kind of like the old Seinfeld routine about "taking a reservation" and "holding a reservation". In any event, Country Inn & Suites has lost my business, for good.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
I can understand your frustration with your most current experience with Expedia and your reservations that you had booked through their web site. I think it is important to hear what has truly happened in all cases that booked through the Expedia’s web site for the ISU Parents weekend at the Country Inn & Suites Airport property.
We at the property level have been in contact with Expedia for the last couple of months indicating to them that the property does not have any availability for this date. Being that this is a city wide event, we have been full for quite sometime. Expedia has been faxing us reservations instead of using the correct booking channels. When a hotel receives a faxed reservation, this means that all booking channels are all full and with no availability. Expedia was basically forcing reservations through. After several efforts to try and communicate this to them, they found the error to be in their computer system. Expedia was booking a promo code from over 2 years ago that was still in their system that was never terminated when the timeline expired for that promo code. Country Inn and Suites corporate office (Carlson Worldwide) is fully aware of this situation and has also been in contact with Expedia trying to help in making them understand where this problem lied.
I would also like to explain how your reservation was made July and not having a room. Expedia never sent the reservation to the property by fax or by using the booking channels due to there was no availability. The way your reservation was only found was due to our continued efforts of making them aware of their mistakes. Only after this did Expedia notice that they have made some reservations in error on their behalf.
It has been frustrating for us as well, because it is our name that is on the line and not so much as theirs. Expedia needs to step up to the plate and fix the problems that have occured due to their system error. I would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences that this has caused to yourself as well as to anyone else that has experienced this same problem.
I hope that I have not come off as passing the buck, but I feel it’s important for you to know actually what has happened here.
My staff and I hope that you will allow us to let us restore your faith in us the next time you are in the area.

Terrell, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

Room was large, exceptionally nice and clean. The whirlpool in the room was very nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good value for the price. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent experience at our Country Inn & Suites in Bloomongton, IL.

I have shared your kind comments with my staff. My staff and I take great pride in delivering quality customer service as well as cleanliness of our guest's rooms.

Once again we appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.