“Great place to stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed June 18, 2013

After taking the advice of my sister, we booked an Embassy Suites hotel in Nashville. Worst place ever! Smelly, broken televisions, construction noise, pricey (though I did get half of our money back after complaining), and a poorly stocked bathroom. Our next night was spent at Country Inn and Suites in Bloomington, IL. It was like night and day!

The room smelled beautiful. The television worked. There was a shower cap, a hair dryer, mouthwash, makeup remover, coffee, freshly baked cookies--all things that were lacking in the Embassy Suites. The room was clean and in great shape. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were like heaven. Breakfast was delicious and there was a lot to choose from.

We had stayed at another Country Inn in Milwaukee, WI and had a similar experience. From now on, when we travel, we will look for Country Inn & Suites every time!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Diane W
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Diane W,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing with others about about your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay at the Embassy Suites hotel in Nashville.

I'm very glad to hear that you have a enjoyable stay at our hotel. Clean rooms and great amenities is what country Inn & Suites is all about. Oh and let's not forget the fresh baked cookies. Everyone loves those.

Once again, Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you next time you are in our area.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a comfortable stay for the night. We had two rooms, a king suite and a double and both were excellant. The grandchildren loved the pool even though it was a little cool for me. The manager was exceptional as well as the desk person. Mr. Patrick Baker, the owner, happened to be there and was very personable and friendly. It was the best value of any motel we stayed in on our trip. The breakfast was great as were the individuals working the breakfast room.

Room Tip: A little difficult to find without knowing the area. It is located next to the Ramada Inn.

Dear formersandman,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a comfortable stay for the night. I'm also very happy to hear that your found the owner,staff and myself to be friendly. Providing outstanding,caring and friendly service is what we are all about.

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing your once again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had to make an unplanned stop due to illness while travelling. Literally made our reservation on our smart phone using our reward points as we were walking in the door. Very nice room, king size bed in the bedroom, pull out couch in the sitting area, separated by a door. Our son loved that he got his "own" room. Room also had a refrigerator and a microwave and a table with 2 chairs. As always, very clean room and bathroom. Bed was comfortable with ample bedding, you don't always get that with all hotel chains. Room could have used more outlets by the beds for charging phones, kindles, and plugging in C-pap machines, but we always travel with a power strip and extension cord for rooms that don't have enough outlets. Didn't get to use the pool and whirlpool this time, but they looked good. Breakfast in the morning was also very good, a nice selection of hot and cold foods - French toast, sausage and biscuits and gravy and a variety of cold food, cereals, pastries, and the like, Juices, milk and coffee, I would have appreciated some eggs, but I can't really complain - it was still very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear David and Sandi B,

Thank you for providing us and other guests with your feedback. I am very thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful and enjoyable stay. I'm happy to hear that your son was able to enjoy his own room. Our king suites are very much enjoyed by our family traveling guests. Having two rooms in one can make a huge difference when traveling with family. We invite your family to enjoy our pool and spa next time.

Once again, Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were in Bloomington, IL for one night. We stay at this hotel before in October, 2012 for ISU's Homecoming. This is a nice hotel to stay for one or two nights because the beds are very uncomfortable. . I was there only to sleep and take a shower before I head home. We were at the Birthday Backyard Cookout most of the day. I like that they are conveniently located close to I-55 & I-74 and Illinois State Univ. Cristo Ortiz-Palafox, General Manager made my reservation for me at a discount rate for October, 2013. I will be back. Thank you,

Dear Familyfirsttrip,

I am very thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel once again this year and found our location to be just perfect for your trip.I am sorry that you find our beds to be uncomfortable. I do thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback .

We look forward to welcoming you and your family next time you are in our area.

Take care,

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were just passing through on our way to a graduation, so we were looking for a clean, comfortable bed for the night. Loved the rocking chairs and benches on the front porches, although it was too rainy and cool to use them. We were assigned a handicapped accessible room, when all we asked for was a king size bed. But that was good luck for us, as my husband is an amputee and the bathroom was set up perfectly for his needs. The shower area could use a soap holder....awkward.... The bed was clean and comfortable. The next morning we were pleasantly surprised with a pretty decent breakfast. Not fancy, but eggs, ham and waffles were available along with the regular continental breakfast items. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cristo O, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

MomMom3,

Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel!
All of the staff is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and mentioned your room being clean. I am also happy that you and your husband were able to enjoy our breakfast selections!
I am sorry that the shower lacked a proper soap holder. I'm not sure how this has been missed, but I have ordered a soap holder for that room as of today.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs! I hope that next time you are able to stay with us, you might get a chance to enjoy the rocking chairs on the front porch as well!
Thanks again for the great review!!

Country Inns and Suites Bloomington-Normal West
309-828-7177

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was traveling with my daughter and 3 grandkids. The room had a lot of space, the beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. The ad said all rooms come with microwave and fridge, but ours had neither. As we traveled with a baby, we had to go to the desk and have attendant heat up milk a couple times. The pool & spa were great and the attendant was very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

froggy042,

Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel!
All of the staff is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and mentioned the room being clean. I am also happy that you and your family were able to enjoy our pool and spa!
I am sorry that the ad for our hotel stated that every room was equipped with a microwave and fridge. For a time, they were only available in suites, first floor rooms, and select rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor. Good news for future and return guests, however, we have been adding new units to all of our guest rooms and as of this week, all of our rooms will have both a fridge and microwave now!
Thank you for choosing our hotel to enjoy time with your family. I hope that you are able to do so again soon, and I hope that you will choose us again for your accommodation needs!
Also, thanks for the great review!!

Country Inns and Suites Bloomington-Normal West
309-828-7177

Reviewed May 18, 2013

After driving 900 miles it was a welcome relief toarrive at the Country Inn & Suites. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomidating as well as helpfull with suggestions for dining. The room was very nice and we had a good nights sleep. The morning breakfast was more than I had expected and there was a good variety of food offerings.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cristo O, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Paul P,

Thank you for your review!

I am thrilled to see that you rated all areas of your stay highly! All of our TripAdvisor comments get read by our entire staff and it is wonderful to hear such good reviews from people like yourself!

I am also glad that you were given a good recommendation for dining out. We have many restaurants in the area to choose from and I'm glad you were given a good option by one of our staff members.

Once again, thank you for leaving such a wonderful review here on TripAdvisor!! I hope that you will choose us again should you ever need accommodations in Bloomington-Normal!

Country Inn & Suites