Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Iuka, Illinois
“Would stay again”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. Very good continental breakfast. Wasn't impressed with the eggs, but the rest was very good. Fresh fruit. It was myself, mom and two kids age 3 and 1. Felt really safe. Great place to stop on the way home.

• Stayed March 2013
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
RDJennnings,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and best of all you found our beds to be comfortable and felt safe staying with us.

We hope to see you and your family again next time you are in our area.

Once again, Thank you for your feedback.

Cristo Ortiz-Palafox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
West Central Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is in a strange location with a bunch of other hotels, a walmart, and a Bob Evans that should be avoided. The rooms are worn down and the bathroom shower floor was slick. There was little water pressure. The rooms was clean and there was a refrigerator and microwave which was nice. For the price there are better options in the area. The breakfast was nice with hot and cold items. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Curtains don't shut all the way and there is a light shining on the building that makes the room too bright at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LJC67,

Thank for you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback.I am very sorry to hear about way you found our room. I have taken notes of your concerns and am very pleased to inform you that we are currently under going room renovation in all of our guest rooms. I am very glad to hear that you found your room to be very clean. I must say that I am very proud of my new housekeeping staff. They are working very hard everyday to ensure that our guest rooms are always clean and ready to be enjoyed by our guest.

Once again, Thank you for your feedback and for the condition that you found your room. My hope is that next time you are in the area you will stop by and give us another try.

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Found hotel on Internet for $99 decided to stay it had spa and pool and it was a Country Inn which is always very good. Wrong! Got to hotel price was $109 not $99. Complained and got it for $99. Moved into our room and were kind of shocked it was not up to the standards other Country Inns have had. Had been walking the streets in Springfield for a few hours and decided that. We were going to head straight for the spa. SHOCK! The spa and pool were closed for renovation. The day before we stopped at a Comfort Inn that had a sign on the counter stating spa and pool closed for maintenance. This place should have done that also. We left the Comfort Inn once the clerk acknowledged that indeed the pool was closed. We did not have that opportunity here. With no spa and pool $99 was like stealing our money. Breakfast was ok, oatmeal was bad like soup not oatmeal. We should have stayed at Fairfield Inn down the street. To be honest it seems that many hotels price switch from prices on the Internet, it seems they take what they can get out of you. Broken grout in bathroom made it feel dirty.

Room Tip: I guess you need to do like my mother used to do, ask to see the room first then register.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear JohnF1949,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I am very sorry that you were not informed about the pool and spa being closed during check-in. As of Sept. 2012 I became the new GM at this location and we are working very hard everyday on major renovations to the property to bring it up to Country Inn standards. Our pool/spa was closed for about two weeks but is now open. In the upcoming weeks we hope to start our room renovations and we are very thrilled. I also want to apologize for the rate confusion.I am happy to hear that our front desk was able to correct this rate issue.

My hope is that next time you are in our area you would be willing to give our hotel another try. Once again, Thank you for your feedback.

Gridley, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was our first time staying at a Country Inn and Suites, and we were very well pleased. People were nice, the hotel was clean, which it something I am very picky about..It is in a great location, close to quite a few things..To me it felt like a big country home..The decor was really nice and up to date. We stayed in a suite, and was really surprised to see how big and spacious it was, yet very comfy feeling, like home. The bathroom was big, which to a woman is always a plus. Didn't get a chance to eat breakfast, because we had to leave at 4:00AM to head back to Florida, but from everything else that was great, I am sure breakfast was, too. I know my husband & I plan on staying at this hotel again, every time we come visit my kids. I can't wait to stay there again..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bonniesuestew,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and had a very enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband next time you are in our area.

Take care,
Anamosa, Iowa
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked our room on hotwire.com not knowing what hotel chain I was going to get. I got a great deal and the Country Inn is a pretty good hotel. We were nicely surprised. It is in a good, hotel row, location. Within walking distance (our family walks daily, so long walks don't bother us (even in 30 degree weather)) to a Bob Evans and Steak and Shake. We also walked to the Farm and Fleet and Walmart. There is a Mexican restaurant between the two stores also. Galaxy movie theater is right up the road, too.

The hotel is older, but our room was clean. The kids enjoyed the weight room, pool, and hot tub.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: We were facing the parking lot and the curtains don't close... so it was extremely bright in our...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear MikeandCarrie,

Thank you so much for taking the time in providing us with your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you found our hotel to be in a good location. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guest. We are currently undergoing renovation in our pool room and will begin renovations in our rooms within a few weeks, so please make sure to keep us in mind next time you are in our area.

Once again, Thank you for your feedback.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The pool, the breakfast, the fitness center--this had everything we were looking for, and a comfy style as well. The decor was up-to-date, and we loved the big bathroom! I liked the shower installed by the pool and jacuzzi.

Room Tip: They gave us a room facing away from the free-way, but said that either side was actually quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dawn213,

Thank for you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Midway, Arkansas
Reviewed November 10, 2012

While travelling, we often look for a Country Inn & Suites because they are often a little newer property and have better attention to detail than many other chains in the same price point.

At check-in, the desk clerk seemed unsure of tasks and not very confident. She could not find my customer profile in the system , which has never happened before. Not a big deal, but slowed the process and she had to enter available system data manually.

When we arrived at our room, the room was clean, but did find hair in the bathroom and the pillows didn't have pillowcases. When advised, the desk clerk said we could pick them up at the front desk.

The breakfast offering was standard for the chains, not better but certainly not worse for the standard fare.

Several other hotel chains very close. Next time through we will probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Jim B.
Midway, Arkansas

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Jim B,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience you had at our hotel. What you experienced is not the standard we strive to uphold . We plan on doing some hotel update this winter. My hope is that next time you are in the area you will come back and give us another try.

Once again,Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. We thank you for your feedback and promise to keep them in mind. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest.