I checked into the Country Inn at 6:30. The clerk waiting on me decided to answer the phone while I was standing at the counter waiting for my credit card and key to be processed. The call took a while since the person on the other end was trying to make a reservation online. This was rather odd to me since the person could have just made a reservation with the clerk. Still the clerk explained over and over what the person could try doing on their computer. Through it all I waited and waited even though the clerk gave me my credit card. So, sadly, I stood by all that time. It is always amazing to me how a clerk, no matter in what kind of business, will spend more time helping someone on the phone while a paying customer is standing right in front of them.
This morning I opened ironing board and got my clothes, which had been packed in a suitcase, ready to be ironed. You can imagine the wrinkles on the clothes from being in a suitcase. The problem was there was not an iron to be found in the room. No problem, I will just call the crack staff and request an iron to be brought to my room. When I called the front desk I was told the spare iron was not working. No problem, maybe they can bring me another one from an empty room. Boy was I wrong. Evidentally there is not another iron in the entire place that is available. Funny because I know the hotel is not fully booked. What got me the most is the phrase the morning clerk used over and over; "There is nothing, nothing I can do about it." I think it was the second nothing that was said over and over that got me the most! Hmmm, the meetings today will be interesting for me in wrinkled clothing. That is a great way to impress clients!
IBecause of this amazing lock of customer satisfaction I will never stay here again and hopefully this review will make you think twice about it as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re in town for a concert, a college visit, a family vacation or a business trip, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Bloomington-Normal West, IL welcomes you with friendly service. Our hotel is conveniently located off I-55, 74 and 39, near downtown Bloomington and uptown Normal. As an added bonus, we are also within minutes of Illinois State University, Illinois Wesleyan University, Champion Fields and the Grossinger Motors Arena. After a long day of exploring, pillowtop beds and a quiet location promise a good night’s rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Bloomington Normal West
- Country Inn & Suites Bloomington Normal West Hotel Bloomington
- Country Inn Bloomington
- Bloomington Country Inn