“Out of Coffee”

Reviewed August 26, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
3  Thank Sandra S
RamadaBlm, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Reviewed August 16, 2013

small but well arranged.
Tv is mounted above " closet " for hangers and storing ironing board, and is tilted down for good viewing, but it is a tube style.
Bed was soft and pillows large. No ref/micro but that was known ahead of time from the website.
Breakfast was above average for this class of motel.
Overall though a very good location for the money

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KPPP4872
FerventAngel, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

I am pleased to hear your were comfortable while you were here. Some of our rooms types are smaller for the more economical stays. We do offer larger rooms.
I look forward to seeing you in the future as we are planning making some changes to the hotel in recent months to come. T.V.s being one of them.
Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is located on the west end of Bloomington with a cluster of hotels right off the interstate. I stayed at the beginning of July '13 while visiting friends. The staff was friendly & advised me of check out time, breakfast hours, wifi access, as well as the hours & locations of the pool & fitness areas. One thing I observed was some noticeable worn spots in the hallway carpets. Nothing horrible but the building and furnishings looked new(er) so carpeting kinda surprised me. My room, however, was clean and comfortable. It was a smaller room but I was by myself and barely there at all so I didn't mind. If you need space, you may want to check other places but it was great for me. The breakfast was pretty good. I failed to make use of the pool or gym because my friends kept me pretty busy so I barely got to sleep at all. I tried to book them a few weeks later (so yeah.. I'd stay again) but they were booked up. I made other arrangements.

Room Tip: don't need much space? great value!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay with us. My staff is exceptional and I thank them everyday for their hard work and dedication to this hotel.
I am new to this property and the carpet is one of my goals to change here in the recent months to come.
I look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The first was the room rate was awesome and the room itself was so clean..the workers were friendly and very helpful..plus the breakfast was great for free..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
FerventAngel, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a good hotel for the price. It's built for travelers. Smaller room for a smaller price. We were in and out for one night. Our room was clean and nice. The breakfast was just like anyone else's. very much adequate. on this Sunday night I could have paid double for a bigger room, bigger desk and tv a block away at a different brand, but why?
The desk was friendly and helpful and I would recommend this highly for a traveler or budget conscious person needing longer accommodations. I'm tired of paying $100 a night just to lay down for a night. This is a step in the right direction.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Just so you know we do offer larger rooms. Hope you will come to check them out in the future.
THank you for your feedback!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

When I entered the room, it was about 90 degrees and very small (about the size of a descent closet). After two hours, I was able to close the hall door but the room was still very uncomfortable. I killed three spiders the first day. The morning of the second day, I tried the breakfast. The biscuits were so hard that they wouldn't even break apart. There are only about 20 channels that work on the TV, none of which I wanted to watch on the old set with a horrible picture and located high up on a wardrobe. (Before I booked, I called to ask about specific channels and was told they had them, They do not.) Upon returning the second day, the room was extremely hot again, Now, two hours later, it is almost tolerable but not by any means comfortable. I mentioned the temperature but was told that the motion censors have to detect motion for the units to run. The bathroom toiletries are nice, but the bathroom is in disrepair. The shower head sputters and the drain plug in the sink is out. The trim is coming off the floor, While this is a two-star hotel, it does cost enough that one would expect it to not be so hot or that when a customer calls to ask about specific channels or other items that the person answering the phone would know about the hotel. I can't imagine coming here for any reason other than a quick overnight stay when the weather is nice rather than hot. It is also worth noting that the desk (coffee maker and ice bucket on top) is not really big enough for even a laptop. Very disappointing!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LJC67

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the comments they tell us what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We have recently been undergoing some changes here at the hotel. Such as: getting flat screen TVs, repairs on the bathrooms, updating our breakfast items and working on a better a/c/heating censor unit.
I also would like the apologize about the staff not being knowledgeable with the TV channels. Since you have made this comment we placed a guide here at the front desk so they will be better to assist you.
I hope you will give us another chance in the future to make things right!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice hotel for the price we paid. Good location. Hotwire rate was the best part. Room was clean. This room met our needs. We left too early to take advantage of the breakfast, but the front desk clerk let us take a couple of muffins.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank XJ650Rocks!

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.