“Needs a renovation”

Ramada Limited Bloomington
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed just one night with one child and we got a suite. The room was a nice size with a small kitchenette in the middle of 2 queen beds. Everything just needs an update, it feels worn out. I would be ok staying there for a short stay, but there are better options in the area for the same money or cheaper.

• Stayed: May 2012
RamadaBlm, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

jdog99,

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. We thank you for your feedback and promise to keep them in mind. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed overnight en route to Florida for one night in a room with 2 queens. Pretty much as the photo shows .. a full wall of mirrors. A little unusual, but they did give the illusion of having more space and seemed to help brighten the minimal lighting in the room. Beds were very comfortable, room was quiet and had no complaints about housekeeping. We were in a non-smoking room on the first floor. The room was comfortable enough that we decided to give it another try on our way back from Florida.

Here's when our problems started: Before checking out we made our reservation for our return visit. We arrived mid-afternoon and were told the only non-smoking rooms were on the 3rd floor. Well, if you get a non-smoking room up there .. wear a gas mask getting off the elevator. The air in the hallway reeks. You definitely knew that the rooms opposite yours were the smoking rooms (which the clerk did not warn us about).

Our room didn't smell of smoke. However, I have chemical sensitivities and react to cigarette smoke and many cleaning fragrances/fresheners, which I assumed were required to mask any cigarette odor that wafted into our room on its own. There were no non-smoking rooms available on the two lower floors (which are all non-smoking) so we checked out and were given a refund immediately.

If being surrounded by non-smoking rooms is important to you .. make sure you do not get assigned a room on the 3rd floor. You will not be happy.

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floor are completely non-smoking. The 3rd floor is shared with smoking rooms across the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
RamadaBlm, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced on your return trip

I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy your first visit to our hotel.We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and will look into fixing this issue on the 3rd floor. We only have 3 smoking rooms (on the 3rd floor)out of 64 guest room and sometimes guest will leave their smoking guest room door open when coming in and out and that will cause the hallways to smell like smoke.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel and hope that you will give us another try on your next trip.

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed March 23, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
RamadaBlm, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I was excited to see that this was pet friendly hotel, on the website it says pets stay free...they do not they charge you $15 per night. The room smelled of urine and old food, there were dead lady bugs on the desk and on the blanket. The hot water did not last long and the bathroom fan turns on with the light and its super loud. I could hear people on the 2nd floor and the room next to me all night. The room decor was dated with a big back tv, mirrors all over the wall and you don't even get free internet! The parking lot was not lit very well I didn't feel safe leaving me car out front. Would not stay here again.
Pros: Pet friendly

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
RamadaBlm, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

I'm really sorry for your experience and any inconvenience this may of had on your trip. I am unsure what website you were looking on because on all of the sites that I have search next to pet friendly is says there is a pet fee. We do have a $15 non-refundable pet fee for dogs under 22lb and for cats. Dogs over 22lb have a $25.00 non-refundable fee per night. Most hotel in the Bloomington/Normal area that allow pets have a fee of $25.00 to $75.00 per night. I am also sorry that you did not find your room to be the best. I have spoken to all of my housekeeping staff and manager and have asked them to report any odd smells to me right away to ensure that this does not happen again. Please accept my sincerest apologies in this matter. I hope that we can provided you with a better stay if you chose to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed here in April of 2010, and had a good experience, so we decided to try it again in February 2012 for an overnight stop on our way to Cincinnati. We were not disappointed. Hotel Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are a little spartan (no lamps), but very clean, and beds/pillows are very comfortable. Its right off the interstate, but we didn't notice any traffic noise. There are plenty of restaurants in immediate area as well. The free breakfast was adequate (waffles, cereal, toast, pastries, fruit, yogurt, and a good juice selection. This is a nice, clean, quiet hotel with great rates and friendly staff. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank D R
RamadaBlm, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

D.R,Thank you for you feedback. I'm very glad to hear that your had a good experience on your first visit with us last year and that's the reason you decided to come back this year. I'm also very glad to hear that you found our Ramada staff friendly and helpful. One reason why our returning guest love our hotel is because they know that every time they check into one of our rooms they will always find a clean room and a comfortable bed.

Being right next to the Interstate 74/55 sometimes worries our guest because they feel that they are not going to be able to get a good night sleep,but as you found out there is nothing to fear when it comes to getting a good night sleep.

Once again thank you for your feedback. We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel next time you are our area.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

The front desk personnel were very helpful in letting me about amenities within the hotel & ensured me if I needed anything at all, I could come to them. The rooms are maintained extremely well. I'd most definitely stay with this facility & location whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012
RamadaBlm, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and sharing with us your recent experience. My staff and I take great pride in offering the highest quality of customer service to each and every guest that stays at the Ramada Limited.

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at our hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Quality service here from the general manager Cristo!
I was booking group sales for a youth sports team. I went to hotels.com and used their "groups services". Ramada Inn Bloomington sent a bid almost immediately. Once I received who to contact & arrange the bid, Cristo was on top of it.
I had to block 10 rooms one day and 20-25 rooms next day,for the team and parents. By NO means a veteran to doing this type of bussiness myself,Cristo new exactly what he was doing and what was needed. Very friendly, approachable, professional, honest, sense of humor, accomadating, great pricing bid..overall he was very skilled & rehearsed in his job of assisting with a group booking. Unfortunately, after all the great customer service, the team ended up not staying at the facility, so no feedback as to the actual hotel site. But Cristo's customer service speaks volumes in my opinion. Highly impressed me. Kudos to Cristo and his professional management skills!! Ramada Inn Bloomington should be happy to have you...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure to assist you with your group block. Please keep us in mind if your travels ever bring you back to the Bloomington/Normal Area.