“Dump”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“Dump”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Terrible room. Noisy parking lot - cars in and out all night with doors slamming. One heater on the edge of the room - 70's style. Heat was either blasting so the room was a sauna or completely off. Shower barely worked and ran out of hot water quickly. Room rate was higher than others in the area - so no bargain here. Even with AAA it was still over $60 for the night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy J
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel. At the same time I really apologize that your stay was not upto your satisfaction. This shows that I, as General Manager am not doing the perfect job. I and my staff are very proactive in solving any problem guest may face. I could not find you in my system with your name and also checked with my staff for any problem you might have made us aware of. Please call us with the room number you stayed so that I can fix the problem and make sure no other guest go through the same bad experience as you did. Thank you again and would like you to give us one more chance to serve you.
Sanjay Shah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were very tired and glad to have found a bargain right off the interstate that was good enough for a few hours rest. Front desk clerk was helpful. You park right in front of your room with it's own door, making it so much easier to bring your luggage in. Linens were OK on beds, pillows and mattress decent. Room lacked frige and micro, scant selections of channels, but the room was spacious and the wifi had good signal strength so we could check weather for the remainder of our trip and watch a little tv/netflix online. Granite counter at sink was nice but housekeeping needs to address bathroom issues as the shower was icky with mold in the corners, yuk. Towels were standard for bargain chain but at least they were clean. Have stayed at other RRInns and notice there is an unfortunate inconsistency in level of quality ~ this one is on the lower end of average but entirely adequate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to know that we were not upto your expectation. We had issue with our temporary housekeeping staff, which is at present resolved. Thats why I had consecutively 3 reviews with bathroom issue. I hope you will give us one more chance to serve you. I promise to make your next stay, a PERFECT stay.
Oakley, IL
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stay at this Red Roof In at least six times a year and always found the manager to be friendly and postive about any questions or concerns we may have. As for the quality of the rooms, I rate them at a B-plus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you Mr. Jerry for your nice words. I will continue to do my best. Its always been a pleasure to serve you and others who come for 3rd Sunday Market. I have your same room ready for 15th.
Thanks again.
Minnesota
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were looking for a budget motel and chose this one based on TripAdvisor reviews.
The positives - easy access from 74, fast check in, desk clerk made fresh coffee for us, large room with new granite counter and sink. Lots of dining options nearby.
The negatives - room seemed clean enough but the bathroom was not as clean as I would like. We had a room on ground floor with a connecting door to next room. When we came back from dinner we could hear children and a dog as well as the television and adults talking. I went to front desk and one of the clerks did go the room and ask them to be quiet. They did quiet down but the walls are thin and the door allows even more noise to come through. We turned on the air and that helped, too. The desk clerk did say we could move to another room if we were not satisfied. We were fine.
We felt perfectly safe in this location. The carpet in these walk in rooms are hard to keep clean, especially near door but I always wear shoes in any hotel.
So, if you are looking for a budget stay in overpriced Bloomington this is fine, especailly for the price. The desk clerks were very accomodating and pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a connecting door.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking out time to review our property. Glad that you recommended our service to others. Please be aware that I personally will be more pro-active to make sure that rooms are more cleaner than you experienced.
Thank you once again and hope to see you in near future.

Sanjay
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I usually stay at chain hotels that are indoor entrance. For a one night stay, it was fine. Cleanliness wasn't up to other hotels I have stayed at in the past. Grease-like substance on remote sealed the deal. There was a hand print on the window that I think may have been the same hand that touched the remote! Didn't report as the damage had been done. No TV watching for me! There are other hotels in the area that are a more pleasant stay than here. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Approach remote with caution!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Sorry that your experience at our property wasn't upto your expectation. I will try more harder to make sure these issues are addressed and taken care of. Reviews like yours tell me my underperformance overall. I promise you will have a PERFECT stay if you give me one more chance.

Sanjay
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just stayed at an awesome RRI in Indiana so I thought we would have the same experience in Bloomington.... nope. Hotel in need of care, doors opened to exterior... did not feel safe in this area.
I would not chose this when so many other choices exist in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear you had a great experience with another Red Roof Inn, I wish our accommodations would have provided you with the same comments. I apologize that you did not feel comfortable at our inn with the exterior corridors. I would like to know more about what you meant by “in need of care”. Please feel free to contact me directly at the inn to discuss. Once again thanks for your comments to help us improve for our future guests.

Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were particularly impressed with a staff member who provided directions to a restaurant and a coupon for $4 off our check. Room was clean and price was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
It was great to know that your stay was satisfactory. I will definitely pass on to my other team members. Hope to see you on your next trip. I promise we will provide again a PERFECT STAY.