“Hotel stay”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Boaz, Alabama, United States
“Hotel stay”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

A good hotel for a stay,the room was clean and very well maintained...would recommend this for a stay..The desk clerk was very nice and informative...They offer coffee and a quick start to your morning

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Bloomington Red Roof.

Sanjay Shah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed March 23, 2012

No doubt they have clean, afordable rooms im an ideal location. The lovely wife who works the front desk is accomidating and fun. First night and room GREAT. On the other hand the husband runs the show. The next morning I pay up the week and He switched my room to a shaby, beat up, smelly, room with burnt carpet, a tv that shows zer0 channells, and doesnt have a dead bolt. THIS IS AFTER I CHECKED IN FOR A DAY THEN PAYED FOR A WEEK! Glancing into rooms being cleaned and unoccupied rooms I seen that they have very nice rooms furniture and linens. I asked for another room and was shown two others, same condition. I asked to get into one of the nicer rooms and thats when i learned about "prefered customers" policy. Bogus Sham!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Lovinglife2012
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Sandy

I'm concerned about the condition of extended stay room you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Victoria, Illinois
Reviewed February 15, 2012

i am happy to report that bloomington, il has a 'new' red roof inn. i was really impressed when i stayed there last nite because the young lady (the owner's wife, i believe) at the front desk gave me about 15 minutes to get settled into my room and then called on the room phone to make sure my accomodations were acceptable and to see if there was anything that she could assist me with. believe me, in this day in age, this 'service' is a rarity. YES, i rcommend this motel to everyone who likes to be pampered just a bit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mizvioleta
to receive your kind words of praise for Shalini.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Midlothian, Illinois
Reviewed February 4, 2012

After reading a lot of the reviews online about this hotel, I cancelled my reservation only to have to make it again after every hotel in town was booked because of the IHSA Cheerleading competition this weekend. I had to be at the competition so I drove to Bloomington and prayed for the best. I was expecting shady characters hanging outside of the hotel, a dirty room, bed bugs, etc. I thought it was going to be horrible. When I got there, the front office person was very nice. There were no hassles with my check in. The lobby area was clean and it looked and smelled just fine. I went to my room. It was dark outside and there was no one out. The grounds seemed to be fine. I opened my door and the room was clean. The rug was clean. I checked the bathroom and it was very clean. Still, because of the reviews, I didn't get good sleep the first night because I was paranoid about bed bugs. There were no bed bugs. I wanted to write this review because if this hotel was awful in the past, it has definitely changed. They have breakfast in the morning. My room had no microwave, fridge or iron but I believe they have this available. All in all, I am glad I stayed. It's affordable, convenient, clean and they have great customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tiffinields
Sanjay S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Tiffinie,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Bloomington Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Bloomington
Colfax, WI
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The Red Roof Inn was in a convenient spot right off the freeway and had many places to eat close by. The room was OK and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was a good way to start our day in the morning.
Our only complaint was the heater in the room had to be turned on all of the time and was very noisy. We finally turned it off at midnight but by 4 am the room was cold and we had to turn the heat on again. So it was hard to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Bloomington Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. We promise next stay would be a PERFECT stay.
Barrington, IL USA
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn 1 night in October, 2011. $10 more expensive than the LaQuinta which was across the street. Same issue with La Quinta - pillows are too firm!

OK for the money - free breakfasst in the am was about what you'd expect. OK for a one not stopoever if you're tired. If you can, stay at the LaQuinta across the street. It was cheaper and a bit nicer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Bloomington Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not having a nice sleep.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future by replacing most of the pillows with new.

At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Sincerely Yours
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The reason I am writing this review is mainly because of the honesty and helpfulness demonstrated by the hotel staff.
I spent one night at the hotel in mid-October. I did not know exactly what to expect for $45.00 a night. I was prepared for the worst and hoped for the best. It was just one night and I was traveling alone.
I found the room to be clean and the location was great, close to restaurants, fuel and the Interstate.
Two days after the stay, I discovered my electronic organizer was missing from my briefcase. I have a good part of my life on that device and was sick that it was missing. I tore my house apart looking for it; finally, desperately calling the hotel.
I spoke with the hotel manager who immediately understood my dilemma and asked what he could do. There was genuine concern in his voice and he seemed to share my deep concern over the lost devive. I asked that he check with the staff and that he do a complete search of the room.
He said he would do both and when I called the next day he reported that he had spoken with every member of the staff. They staff had not found the device and that furniture had all been moved around, in the search, and nothing was found. I thanked him for his attention to my problem; he said it was no trouble and was happy to displace the furniture. He wished me luck in finding my property.
There are bright spots in the story: The room was fine, the staff was great and I found the organizer three days after I called the hotel. It was under the sofa at work.
If you are looking for a cheap, clean room and honesty matters, then look no further than this Red Roof Inn

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo