“Nicest Hampton Inn.”

Hampton Inn Bloomington West
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at. It was very clean and newly decorated. The fitness center and pool were great and the breakfast was good, too. If we are ever passing through again, we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I took my daughter to orientation at Illinois State University, and several of the hotels that had been recommended to me were already booked. I found this hotel online, and was very pleased with the hotel. Very clean rooms, nice breakfast...... Slept like a baby! I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stay almost exclusively at Hampton Inns, and we have been in older ones and brand new ones over the years. This one was like the others in most ways. Clean rooms and halls, friendly and helpful check-in staff, room in order upon arrival were all expected. What was different were the bathtubs. I have never tried to take a shower in a bathtub that was so narrow on the bottom that I could not stand facing the shower and keep my feet on a level bottom. I know I am a big man, but I have never had this trouble. My wife experienced the same difficulty. It seemed kind of dangerous as you tried to move around the shower, and I was not comfortable.

I don't know if all rooms had the same tub, but I would ask about it if you plan to stay here. We never had this problem at other Hampton's so it was unexpected.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RichLP
Reviewed June 12, 2012

After reading the great reviews and being a loyal Hampton Inn customer, we stayed here for 1 night, on the ground floor. When we arrived, painters were painting a lengthy section of the 1st floor hallway. Besides the wet paint and its overwhelming smell, the floor was a mess (no drop cloths, even), and we worried about getting paint on our shoes and luggage. As if that wasn't bad enough, we were "scolded" by whom I believe was the manager because apparently she thought we were going to mess up the wet paint. I have no idea why anyone was put in the rooms near the fresh paint, or why the hallway would be painted on a busy weekend. Weird. I realize this was a 1-time deal, but the behavior of the manager was uncalled for and was like nothing I have ever experienced at any other hotel. It was disappointing because we were doing nothing but trying to get into our room. The other staff members were friendly, but if I need a hotel in Bloomington-Normal again, I will look elsewhere.

Pros: close to I-74; free breakfast; friendly front desk and housekeeping staff; they honored a lower rate to match a nearby hotel's rate

Cons: manager's comments to my family; very small room with a small window; standing water in the bathtub; small beds (a common Hampton issue)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Overall a pretty average Hampton Inn (relative to other Hampton properties). Service was OK, nothing spectacular; room and cleanliness are what you expect from Hampton. Real disappointment was the price relative to other nearby hotels; the Comfort Suites across the parking lot is $15-$20 less on average and comparable quality.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hotel staff at this Hampton Inn was helpful and friendly. They answered quite a few questions about the Bloomington/Normal area that made our stay easier and eased our minds about a future move to the area. The hotel room was clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold items. The only problem we had during our stay was the noise from a childrens soccer team. I would like to suggest that an outdoor seating area would be nice. I love Hampton Inns and it is our preferred hotel chain but at this Hampton we had one of our best experiences to date.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Bloomington is my hotel of choice when I am in town. The staff is friendly and knows the area well enough to give good suggestions on restaurants, shopping and activities. The rooms are clean and well stocked with fresh towels. The free gym, WiFi and breakfast make Hampton Inn a good value for a business traveler.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
5 mi away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport
4 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal

Been to Hampton Inn Bloomington West? Share your experiences!