“Clean, comfortable & right off the highway”

Hampton Inn Bloomington West
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Although I prefer to stay at the Hampton just off Veterans' when I travel to Bloomington/Normal for work (closer to restaurants/shops), this is a very nice hotel. It's updated and the staff is very friendly. Locationally it's right off the highway so if you are traveling it's not a bad location. Definitely closer to IL State & the convention center than the other Hampton. I would definitely recommend & absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I personally have not stayed at this Hampton Inn, but have had the opportunity to help a dear friend who was very sick. He had to make a trip from his old home in North Carolina to Rochester, Minnesota. I offered to help him & his wife, with accommodations, along the way home.
A truly wonderful person emerged from this property. Paige is the Manager in Bloomington, ILL.
She was asked to help by another manager in a North Carolina Hampton Inn.
Well no further questions, and they stayed at the propertry and I will give their reviews.
My dear friend passed away 3 weeks later with his family. Now was the time to pack up their home in NC and move it to Minnesota. Well Paige once again graciously assisted the moving family to relocate their belongings back home.
The Hampton Inn family of hotels is truly made up of wonderful individuals, Managers, Staff & Owners. They strive to be THE BEST. They always say "yes we can", and for that I am truly grateful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank rprichied
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel over 20 nights in the last 3 months. The staff have been very friendly and helpful, even with the oddest of requests. The rooms have been clean and comfortable and we appreciate the small microwave and refridgerator in the room. The breakfast area was recently updated with a lot more seating. I enjoyed the hot breakfast and that they vary the food served from day to day.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the floor, close to the elevator. I'm able to park on that end of the buildin...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stay here while passing through on business a lot and have found it to be a nice and well managed hotel. They are alway pleasant, have my registration all filled out when I arrive and even a good workout room. For passing through on a business trip, I have found it to be my preferred place to stay in central Illinois.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This hotel is a standard Hampton Inn, everything was ok with my reservation, checkin, and room was clean and ready when I arrived.

The problem was the heater / airconditioner unit in the room was not working correctly and was highly unpredictable. I woke up at 3am with because the room was so unbearably hot. I ended up having to turn the airconditioning on instead - when it was 15 degrees outside. I'm not a fan of those wall units some Hamptons have, but this one was clearly not working. It made the stay very uncomfortable and since the problem happened in the middle of the night there wasn't much I could do.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mpaterso
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I normally stay at the Hampton Inn Bloomington Airport and accidentally made a reservation at the Hampton Inn Bloomington Inn West several months ago. At first I was upset about this mistake, but as it turned out I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The service was excellent and it had one of the better free breakfast buffets I've had. The staff recommended a nearby restaurant, Swinger's Grille, for dinner which turned out to be another nice surprise. The final 'icing on the cake' from my mistake was that the Hampton Inn West cost about $20 less per night than the airport Hampton.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed in a queen room for 1 night stay! Room was clean & very quiet. Enjoyed the hot breakfast of turkey sausage, eggs and donuts. Lots of seating available. Staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the stay! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business