“A decent Mexican Restaurant”
Review of Fiesta Ranchera

Fiesta Ranchera
Ranked #23 of 253 Restaurants in Bloomington
Bloomington, Illinois
“A decent Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fiesta has the best beans and rice in town. This may sound like a weird compliment, but I judge Mexican restaurants on the basic dish. If you can't make tasty beans and rice, I don't have time for you. This Fiesta, off of Market street, near Walmart, is the best of the three in town and the one my family dines at when our favorite Mexican restaurant is closed. The Chile Colorado is recommended.

Note: I DO NOT recommend the ground beef tacos. Not good, not good at all.

• Visited March 2013

Minnesota
“Not the Best”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I ate here while staying at a local hotel. When I walked in, I wasn't really greeted, just a young man who basically told me to sit wherever I want. I ordered a margarita, when it came, it looked like lime kool-aid, when I tasted it, well, I sent it back and got a cold beer. The food was kinda bland for my tastes. Perhaps it was an off nite but I didn't go back while I was in town.

Visited March 2013
Saybrook
“Mexico”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I guess this is a good mexican restaurant. Tacos are good. However I really don't care for mexican food.

Visited August 2012
Normal, Illinois
“Consistently good hispanic style food.”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Decorative style is family friendly, though the same for years. Food is consistently good and service generally is good, though at times is a little erratic, if primary waiter not present at time we need something there is usually no problem in contacting a nearby staff member for assistance. Would be nice to see some update to interior surroundings sometime in next year.

Visited December 2012
Minnesota
“OK in a pinch”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was close to the freeway hotel where er stayed. Foo forgettable, but edible. Marguaritas very good. I would return, but wouldn't seek it out!

Visited October 2012