“They done towed my car!”

Baxter's American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Baxter's American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 267 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haeffle Drive
Transit: Conveniently located on the Teal "J" line. Cab service is approximately $5 from downtown Bloomington. Arriving guests from the Central Illinois Regional Airport can simply contact the our adjoining hotel (Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites)for a complimentary ride to the restaurant.
Description: Experience the contemporary decor, freshly made entrees from our professional chef and exceptional service. The restaurant offers seating for groups from 1- 80. Our outdoor patio is perfect for the summer evenings and our lounge is an exciting setting to view your favorite sports game with friends. Menu includes: Cedar Plank Salmon, Filet Mignon, Ribeye, Red Snapper, BBQ Ribs, Homemade Soups, Fresh Salads, and many other choices. Come in and experience Baxter's...casual atmosphere, quality food at reasonable prices. Our concept includes a variety of seafood, chops and steaks and is also a family friendly environment.
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Went here to watch the bears game because the place across the street was too packed. Food was average, but a little pricey. My girlfriend really liked the fancy stuff she got, but my burger was just ok. Anyway we went to leave and end up walking around in the parking lot because we can't find our car. Want to know why? Because they towed it! They thought we were across the street so they sent it away. They paid for a cab and to get it out, but still took an extra 45 min. No gift card, no free meal and I blame them for the bears losing! Ill never watch a bears game there ever again!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Met with family (both parties from out of town) to celebrate over dinner. Menu was average. Prices a little high for what turned out to be an average experience. Our server had zero personality. She filled our water and handled our table but if you are looking for a polite or even smiling server she wasn't the best bet by a long stretch. My mother even asked how she was doing and she literally ignored her; the whole table sat in awe that she didn't bother to respond and then I finally think she felt everyone staring at her so she finally after maybe 50 seconds said "I'm fine". So, she clearly heard the question. This was her personality for the duration of our visit. It was kind of a drain on the table. And then when she reached directly in front of my father's face and upper body to grab the check and credit card.......(no excuse me or 'can I take that for you?') we knew it was time to go somewhere else to enjoy a drink and celebrate. We all had good meals. Not great but good. Steaks were cooked perfectly for all who ordered and that was a huge plus. My father's salad had no salad dressing even though he ordered it with italian and the ceasar salads at the table had so little that you couldn't taste it. It was not a bad experience, but it was certainly not a great experience. It was fine but next time we meet up in Bloomington we will have to try somewhere else.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Baxter's is one of the top 3 restaurants in Bloomington. Great location next to the airport. The calamari is the best I have tasted. The service was excellent. The price is a bit more than I want to spend on a regular basis. However , for special occasions this place beats Biaggis.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place. Most of the time when we eat here it's for lunch. Ate there with our granddaughter today. Service and food were both excellent. Prices are in line with the quality. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Entering the place you would think the menu would be more upscale but it was more like a rib and burger joint. I had two appetizers and a salad and they were heavily breaded (calamari) and sauced (ribs) and not delicious. The salad was good but too small. Dark interior and just heavy feeling over all. Service staff was good.