“A decent hotel but not boutique.”

Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at the Parke Regency because the reception for a wedding I was attending was being held there. They bill themselves as “Central Illinois’ only boutique hotel”. Maybe there’s a different definition of boutique but I tend to think of hotels such as the Marriott Autograph Collection – unique, intimate properties with upscale amenities and service. If that’s your definition, you’ll be disappointed here. That said, this isn’t a bad hotel for what it is. It’s on par with a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express with the added benefits of a bar and banquet facility attached.

My room was fine. Good size, clean, and nicely decorated. There was a sitting chair and a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The view, however, was less than spectacular overlooking the dumpsters and the nearby cornfields. The bed was fine but not nearly as nice at the Sheraton or Westin beds with their cotton sheets and thick duvets. My bed had a thin comforter and 60% cotton/40% poly sheets. Again, what I expect in a mid-range hotel and not a boutique one.

There is a breakfast buffet in the morning, much like what you will find at a Hampton or Residence Inn. It’ll fill you up but nothing spectacular. The bar, located between the breakfast area and the banquet facility, seems popular and was crowded both nights I was there and they had Guinness on tap, which is always a plus.

One last thing, the hotel indicates they have shuttle service to the airport but when I called the front desk about it, I was told it doesn’t operate on the weekends.

This isn’t a bad hotel but given the choice, I’ll stay at one of the national chains so I can earn points that will let me stay at a true boutique hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
JohnSMyree, General Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. I am disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations in providing services and products that would attribute to the boutique hotel experience.
Comments made by our Guests are on the top of our priorities and we very much appreciate the feedback. Please know that we will review and look for ways to continue to improve. As always, we will focus on striving to meet and exceed the expectations of our Guests.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had a great overnight trip. The staff was extremely friendly and all said hi to us through the halls. The front desk was very pleasant and even allowed us into the pool a few minutes before it was officially open so that we had a little more time there. There is even a restaurant/bar inside the hotel that had live music. It looked cute but didn't go since I was with my 6 year old. I would definitely stay there again if we are in the area again. The only slight issue is that there was only a shower and no tub. If we had a longer stay that could be an issue since my kids still only take baths. Overall, we really enjoyed it!

Room Tip: No tubs only showers.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our staff here at the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional guest service to ensure each and every Guest has the best lodging experience possible while in the Bloomington Normal area.
We understand some Guests would need a room with a tub, please do not hesitate to ask on your next visit and we will do our very best to accommodate your request.
Again, thank you for allowing the Parke Regency Hotel the opportunity to be of service!

Sandy Overman, GM

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Our stay in Bloomington was very enjoyable. We were there for a competition and the hotel was in a convenient location. We chose the suite which was perfect for our needs. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The manager called us by name every time he spoke to us which was a very nice touch. We were happy to have a restaurant and bar available on-site. We were not able to spend a lot of time there but the accommodations fit our needs perfectly. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
JohnSMyree, Front Office Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Making sure our guest are well taken care of ..and completely satisfied is a goal of all the Staff and Management at the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. Thanks for the wonderful comments...reviews like this tell us that we are on the right track to achieving the goal of total Guest Satisfaction.....Thank you

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very clean and furnishings were nice. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was not helpful in controlling A LOT of noise in the common areas until 1am. Had to get dressed and send a group of about 10 teens back to their rooms myself to get any sleep. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to noise from other guest...Taking into consideration the problems you had with noise from kids not properly supervised..we have taken steps to put into place guidelines to ensure this wont happen again. I hope you next visit to Bloomington will be with us and that your stay will be a great one.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating on check in.

The elevator responded quickly and was located mid hotel. They have a small pool but no hot tub. The breakfast was nice as others have commented and done very well, lots to choose from egg, waffles, biscuits and gravy, bacon and sausage, fresh cut fruit, hot and cold cereal and assorted breads and juices, etc. The phone system is not operating properly. We had the message light blinking on 4 different occasions and never had a message and had to call the front desk to clear the phone. Not sure if there was a message or not, but it was very odd.

There is a bar/diner located here and we ate here one night. It was understaffed for the party they had booked and our large group staying at the hotel and we had a long wait for our food, and check and change, and never got drink refills after they took our drink to do so. The manager apologized but he just went and told our server who was busy with a party of 40+, so if you're in a hurry, eat elsewhere. The food was pretty good considering the amount of food the small kitchen was putting out but really slow due to staffing.

The room itself was large. We had a king room with sofa sleeper, mini frig, microwave, large desk. The bathroom was clean and updated as was the room. The lamps have plugs on them for your electronic charging and a flat screen tv mounted on the wall. They are starting to paint in the hallway and are keeping the place new looking. A down fall was the bed. It just was really soft and a thin mattress and for some reason the mattress pad and sheet kept coming off the top portion of the bed. Even on our second day and a change in sheets the same thing happened. Not a nice feeling when you wake up and you're laying on a mattress without a sheet. Fixed it several times during the night but it kept coming off, maybe the elastic on the sheet isn't strong enough, not sure.

They have complimentary newspapers and apples daily a cookies (at certain times). Unfortunately when we were leaving in the morning at 8 a.m. there was an apple broken and mashed everywhere in the entryway in about 10 different places. Not sure what happened but felt that should have been cleaned up as it was slick and could have been a danger as if the wet floor wasn't enough to deal with.

Overall, a nice stay a little off the beaten path but a close enough drive to Veterans Parkway for dining and shopping.

Room Tip: The ice machine is very loud and near the elevator so I'd ask for a room further from the elevat...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Homespn

With out customer feed back we wouldn't know what needs to be done to achieve total guest satisfaction...So I would like to thank you for your review. Everything stated has been or will be addressed and resolved....I hope the next time your in Bloomington you will give us another try to make your stay memorable.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Park Regency Hotel in Bloomington, Illinois and was very pleased with my stay. They were able to get me checked in early and the gentleman at the front desk John M. did a great job handling check in as well as answering the phones seeing as he was alone and there were two groups checking in and the phone were ringing off the hook. The room was very clean, my bed was comfortable and I loved the big shower, our group also enjoyed the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
JohnSMyree, Front Office Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you very much for the great review of our hotel...the staff here uses the goal of total guest satisfaction to make sure our guests stay is a memorable one thank you

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My recently spent several days at the Parke Regency hotel. My experience was excellent. The hotel was very clean and my room was very comfortable. The breakfast was very good and so was the on site restaurant. The hotel staff were friendly and competent. I had a problem with my flight and the hotel manager, John M., was extremely helpful. Overall, it was a great hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
JohnSMyree, Front Office Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

It always great to know that all our efforts at Total Guest Satisfaction is paying off ....the staff and myself here at The Parke Regency Hotel always pride ourselves on making sure our guest leave with the feeling that they were welcomed and will return...thanks for the awesome review.