“OUR RED CARPET CORRIDOR HOTEL”

BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our third stay at the hotel. Check in and check out was very fast. When we travel we enjoy staying at hotels that offer a restaurant along with a bar. As always our hotel room was clean, spacious, etc. There was a lot slamming of the doors by people staying in the other rooms however this is not the fault of the hotel. I really wish you people out there wouldn't be so rude!! Last year when we stayed at the hotel there was a party, wedding, etc. at the restaurant so after waiting 30 minutes for drinks we left. This year the restaurant was also disappointing. The menu is mostly bar food such as appetizers, sandwiches, etc. There were only 3 dinner items on the menu that included french fries so we decided to have a drink and go elsewhere for dinner. A pint of draft beer and a coke cost us $7.00 which included a dollar tip for the waitress. I thought this was a bit expensive. The Red Carpet Corridor trip was rather boring this year so this will probably be the last time we do this trip. We did decide that if we are in the area we will possibly choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Bring yourself some ear plugs so you don't have to listen to the slamming of the doors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time at this particular hotel and we would stay again and again!

Friendly service and cleanliness is a must and it did not disappoint.

Rooms were nice and the beds comfortable.

They also have a bar and restaurant to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I went to Bloomington to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary at a hotel with a whirlpool suite. After arriving to the hotel, we found out this particular chain removed the hot tubs in the rooms but did not post on the website. We were so frustrated and bummed out about this!

After feverishly searching for more hotels with whirlpool suites, we stumbled across the Park Hotel. On a whim, we went there to stay in their king whirlpool suite. We were hesitant at first, but after we got there we were both pleasantly surprised at the room. It was after all $20 more than we budgeted but we managed.

The front desk help wasn't the friendliest and didn't take any interest in my story above but they were able to get us a room. The room was clean and the hot tub was wonderful. The free breakfast was great as well. Who could complain over free hot breakfast... waffles, sausage, bacon, biscuits/gravy, fresh fruit, bagels, cereal, and so much more.

The room was a little stuffy and not much air circulated. The bed was ok, not great. The pillows were very stiff and as a result that's how my neck was when I woke up.

Other than the usual hotel noises of doors closing and people talking in the halls, this was a place my wife and I were glad to find.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Being a frequent traveler to Bloomington, I have stayed in many different hotels in the area. For the price and money this is by far my favorite. It is one of the best run, and always immaculate. It has a lot of nicer upgrades, and the free breakfast is a step up from the norm.The staff is unfailingly polite and friendly. I have never had a bad experience here, and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. The building is very nice and so was the room but when it came to paying for our stay they acted like they had never done it before. 4 days later another charge showed up on my card without warning. I wasted faaaaar more time with these people than should ever happen. The paying process took nearly an hour and when I needed to call to have the bogus charge removed from my card I was put on hold for 30 minutes. Even while on the phone the manager was talking to his staff while still on the line with me. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank westsider3266
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Parke for a couple of days due to work scheduling and was happy with the decision to stay here even though it's a bit off the beaten path. The hotel is on the very edge of town but close enough to most of the dining and shopping to remain conveniently located.

The rooms were a bit dated but they were clean and well maintained
The staff was friendly at all times
There is a bar/grill on site so this is a plus and there were drink specials so it wasn't too pricey if you weren't too picky
Bar staff was friendly and attentive
Price seemed to be inline with most of the other hotels
Breakfast was included with the traditional 'hot breakfast' fare. Nothing to write home about but was included in the room cost and was convenient for a quick meal before heading out the door

All in all, I would choose this spot to stay again the next time I make my way through town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wife and I took a weekend getaway without the kids. This was the worst night sleep I've ever gotten. Walls are Paper Thin, you can hear everything. Air Conditioner would keep kicking off and on all night, so loud it would wake us up everytime. Sheets did not fit mattress, so the slip cover would always come up if you moved in the bed. In addition, Pool was closed for some unknown reason so we were not able to use the pool. Breakfast was subpar at best, everything is out of a bag and microwaved but still free. I would not recommend this hotel and will not be staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the hallway so hopefully you'll have less hallway noise. We could hear...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Bloomington hotels
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Airport
#2 of 22 in Bloomington
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center

Been to BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center

Address: 1413 Leslie Dr, Bloomington-Normal, IL 61704
Location: United States > Illinois > Bloomington-Normal > Bloomington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Price Range: $88 - $140 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center 3.5*
The Parke Regency Hotel & Conference Center is part of the Best Western family of hotels as a BW Premier Collection. Completely Renovated Rooms, Public Area, Free Hot Breakfast, On-site Restaurant BraiZe for Lunch and Dinner, Patio with Waterfall (Weather Permitting), Great Staff to make your stay comfortable, Best of all you will earn Best Western Reward Points. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.