“The staff , interior decor of the hotel and the variety of surrounding shopping areas made my trip excellent!”
Review of Indian Lakes Hotel

Indian Lakes Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My best friend and I went to the hotel for a staycation. We are from Wisconsin so the drive was pretty nice.The manager of the hotel name Zolton was very funny, extremely nice and a pleasant surprise. We saw him checking on his staff all throughout the day and night. Each time he saw us he made a point to say hello and ask us if we needed anything. The staff was excellent. If we needed anything day or night they came to our room within 5 minutes of the request, and this was when the hotel was booked with a family reunion, a wedding, and a conference. The variety of restaurants in the hotel were nice, but they were happy to give us a list of other restaurants in the area. All within a 5 minute radius there is a Huge mall and several strip malls. 2 movie theaters and anything else that you can think of. The hotel valet parking attendant were extremely friendly and attentive. The grounds are also very nice. There is a spa on the premises and a indoor bar called the "Cave". My best friend and I have a wonderful time and would definitely go back. I recommend that you stay there no question!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for our yearly national sales meeting. The positives were that the staff was ultra friendly and did everything that they could to help. Unfortunately, the positives did not out weigh the negatives. It is an older hotel and seems to be in decent condition. However, there were rooms with damp or wet carpeting. The meeting rooms smelled of mildew and mold. Allergy sufferers were in bad shape.

My room was straightened and the bed made but the bathroom sink was not cleaned nor was the shower. Everytime the cleaning staff would take care of my room, my room key wouldn't work. There are no safes in these rooms and I had some concerns about jewelry, computers, and my other electronics. I never left them out in the open. I was disappointed to find that someone took the time to go through my luggage (housekeeping or bell station) and take my Ipod, charger, and blue toothe ear piece for my phone.

Frankly, I don't don't think it was the Bellman area because the bag that it was in did not appear to be disturbed when I collected my luggage at the end of the day.

All of the rooms facing the inside lobby or atrium were very noisy and I was frequently disturbed by the partying from the bar area or guests returning late at night.

The bar called "The Cave" was an nice concept but several guests the brushed against the walls cut there legs, arms, and fingers. It seems that some of the rock had very tiny shards of glass. I was curious about what the walls were made up and run my finger lightly across the stone. It left a 2 inch slice.

I was very disappointed in is facility.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
HiltonILR, Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Thank your for your recent stay at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the friendliness of our resort staff as we pride ourselves on providing positive and memorable guest experiences. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the cleanliness of your bathroom and I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping. Our guest feedback is the best tool we have to improve our guest’s satisfaction.

Our staff at the resort has been instrumental in providing our guests with excellent service and we take potential theft issues very seriously. Fortunately we have not had this issue at our property before and I attribute that to our sound hiring and training programs. I assure you that the property will investigate this matter, as we have zero tolerance for this kind of behavior.

Kindest regards,

Dino Simoncelli
Asst General Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2010

We traveled to this Resort for The Aicardi's syndrome Conferance in July 2010.

Loved:

The service: Over and over the staff went out of their way to make things easy for us and the other special needs families who were there. I cannot even go on and on about how they would bring things we asked for (immediately - a crib accidently sent to another room, towels, shampoo, ect.) They also sectioned off an area of 'handicap parking' for our conference.

Free Wifi- and quality WIfi. They also had a free Business center with free printing (which we used once).

The rooms - The bathroom was quite large and could fit a crib and still had room to get around in it, and room was extremely spacious. Beds were comfy Beds. We had a beautiful view of the Gold course.

The Cave - a cozy little bar in a cave like setting. Loved the feel of this, but drinks were pricey.
Food: The restaurant and conference food were tasty and wonderful.

Not in Chicago, but a within a neighborhood. Had lots of nice run routes outside hotel. close to food outside resort within a reasonable distance.

Fitness Center: Had an amazing Fitness Center. state of art equipment, weights, cooled, with towels and water and mats for stretching.

Indoor AND outdoor Swimming pool - Both warm and inviting. Inside pool had a very neat waterfall Hot-tub

Dislikes -

We were there the same time some reunions and weddings were going on. There was some VERY loud partying going on. They were able to finally stop it- the night before we left.

The Resort is a little outdated on style (but despite that it has a very nice feel to it)

If your room faces the inside of the hotel- you can see other rooms from your room if the curtains are open

The long walk to the conference centers. It is the other side of the hotel - This was a very long distance- probably a 1/4 of a mile each way. Lengthy pushing wheelchairs or disabled individuals who have walking difficulties.

The disability access. It is handicap accessible, however it is not friendly. The spa entrance was still very limiting for wheelchairs and walkers. Also to get to the ramps, sometimes you had to go the long way.

All and all, this was a great experience. The service really made this trip, and the overall comfiness of the resort. It is a bit pricey, but what you get makes it worthwhile. I will try and get photos uploaded soon of our trip here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Took a few days to "getaway" from hectic business travel and this was a good choice. Used hilton honors points to cover part of the stay. it's an older resort (you can always tell by the number of outlets in the room) but the attentive staff more than make up for it. You almost have the feeling you're in an Embassy Suites b/c all rooms lead to an indoor atrium with fresh greenery and waterfalls. The room was well appointed with flat screen, comfortable bed, and fridge (couldn't bring myself to pay $4 for can of Coke). Fitness center, business center, etc are all on lower level (internet connection was disabled on business center computers for some reason). I needed to print/fax document to my office but unable to in business center. Staff allowed me to send to them directly and they took care of it for me. Customer Service was excellent, everyone eager to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Ordered room service from Shiraz and it was also very good. Managed to play some golf and while set up was nice, it's way too overpriced (but, afterall, its a resort). $60 twilight rate w/cart is a bit much, especially considering the short length of the course. Indoor and outdoor pools available as well as arcade/game room. WARNING: This property is especially popular with weddings and family reunions so expect a lot of noise and kids on weekends. When I checked in there were 5 family reunion groups checking out as well as 2 wedding groups. Overall, I'd definitely consider staying here again for a week-day getaway -- its much quieter and golf course not as busy (but still overpriced)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We visited Indian Lakes over the 4th weekend. It was pretty busy with several family reunions. Although the resort is older, everything was up-to-date. Rooms have been remodeled recently and were quite large. We had a room on the 4th floor and were able to watch fireworks in several towns - kind of cool! Some have commented on the halls being dark and narrow. They are narrow, but it's really not that big of a deal.

We enjoyed the outdoor pool area which had enough lounge chairs and a bar. There's an indoor one too which was pretty large. My husband & kids golfed at the course which they described as "hard with a lot of sand". Mini-golf is also available, but we didn't check into that.

We bought the "bed and breakfast" package which included the breakfast buffet. The buffet was an average hotel buffet, however it was a great value for only $10 more. Servers were very friendly.

We struggled with finding nicer restaurants in the area and ended up at Woodfield most times. Overall, it was a nice relaxing getaway and I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2010

What a beautiful resort, the staff are some of the best I have experienced and we travel alot so that says something. If you are looking for a nice place for a quick getaway that is close to home, well at least for me, this is the place to go, they have great packages at resonable prices and well the place is just a georgeous as the pictures you see on their web site. We will definatley be returning to this place often, I would definatley reccomend this place as a great place to go for a nice getaway at a resonable price.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Stayed at the Hilton Bloomingdale/Indian Lake Resort for 2 days. I was in room 313. The service and staff were very good. The food at the restaurants on the grounds was also very good. I had the following problems in the room I stayed in. I did not report the problems until I checked out, so I cannot report on the response of the staff, but hope these problems were corrected after I left. The first problem was no hot water from the sink faucet. I could get hot water from the bathtube faucet. The second problem was some of the buttons on the TV remote control did not work. I could only change channels by pressing the down channel button. The third problem was the light on the alarm clock did not work. Granted the TV remote buttons and the light on the alarm clock are minor inconveniences, but a person expects everything to work when paying for a room. It could be the staff did not know about these problems until I notified them. I had stayed at this hotel one other time and wrote to them after I stayed there recommending they add more television stations to the selections available. It appears they did not act on my recommendation as there are very few channels available. Again a minor inconvenience, but when you are stuck in your room in the evening it's nice to have a variety of TV stations to choose from. I would still recommend this hotel but the lack of variety in the TV stations is disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
HiltonILR, Asst General Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Chicago Land area. We appreciate your feedback as your comments are a very valuable tool for us to continue to look at better ways to improve our guest’s experience. The issues have been addressed in room 313 and we are currently in the process of expanding our channel selection for our guests. This is scheduled to be completed by June of this year to over 40 channels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest regards,

Dino Simoncelli
Asst General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
3 mi away
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Comfort Suites Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)

Been to Indian Lakes Hotel? Share your experiences!