“In transition...”
Review of Indian Lakes Hotel

Indian Lakes Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked this Hilton hotel for its proximity to the home of a friend of ours while we visited Chicago. I understand that Hilton bought the property a few years ago and has been updating it. I'd say that was happening, and at a very modest pace. Our room with a king size bed was large and an unusual octagonal design. The bathroom was straightforward without much in the way of frills. Two things stuck out immediately: the refrigerator/mini-bar was not functional and the safe was locked. We asked for help with both and only the second time we asked were told that the mini-bars were "in transition" and were going to be replaced. My guess is that the safe is the same: the current version is almost impossible to set with your own code, something we discovered when they did manage to open it. So, not a bad place, although the exterior shows some signs of wear and the interior is a little dull. Definitely needs a "refresh" and some attention to the rooms as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeeMTucson_Arizona
Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Located right outside of Chicago. Hotel is just ok. Didn't have a executive lounge. Golf course is right there. Staff at course seemed pretty disinterested in getting me information. AC didn't work that well. Hotel halls and room were in a weird octogon shape. Many corners in the hallways which made it hard to get around the housekeeping carts and move carts down the hall. Also didn't have my requested items from email request sent over a week before arrival. Manager did contact me but decided not to stay here again on business during August. Stayed July 28th.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My second stay in 2 years...service, food, accommodations were excellent. Staff was helpful and friendly. Will come back when back in the area. Didn't get to utilize pool or golfing, but plan to do so next trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A/C didn't work properly, tv channels didn't work, toilet turned on and off during the night (sleepless), and they couldn't provide a fan or move to another room. Room also did not have a fridge. I honestly expected better accommodations from a Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Sarah L, Front Office Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by a few things at our hotel. I want to personally apologize if your A/C unit was not working properly. I sincerely apologize if this inconvenienced you in any way and I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

A truly EXCELLENT Hotel and Meeting Place. Professional, friendly, accommodating staff. Wonderful flowering plants outside & throughout the hotel. Large, clean, economical, comfortable sleeping & meeting rooms. Delicious meal catering & large breakfast buffet. We REALLY enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard M
Sarah L, Front Office Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you had such a good time. We look forward to having your group back again for the next reunion!

Sarah Lewis, Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our 4th stay at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort and it was amazing, as always! We had 2 rooms close together as requested and an early check in (1pm) for at least one of the rooms. Dina checked us in and she was awesome. She was there our whole stay (3 days) and she was just such a pleasure and so caring. My 7 yr. old daughter hurt her ankle and was bleeding a little (being super dramatic) and Dina rushed over and gave her bandaids. Just Dina's extra attention made my daughter feel special and all better...Dina even followed up with us by the pool to make sure we were ok.
Greg is my personal very favorite! He is so wonderful and professional and been there every time we have stayed! It is always so great to see him when we return at night and you rest comfortable knowing he is in charge of the hotel at night!
The rest of the staff was also very nice and accomodating- Jessica, Alenka, and Nadine. I made sure to ask their names because I was truly impressed with the perfect staff that is at this hotel front desk! Thank you again for another great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Denise0519

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! I am so elated to hear that the front office staff had such an impact on you. It is experiences like yours that keep all of us working in this industry. We are so excited to get to know our guests and make sure they have a great experience. I have shared your review with the staff and they are all deeply touched. During your next visit, please make sure to stop by to introduce yourself to me too!

Thanks again for your review!

Sarah Lewis, Front Office Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, the staff was friendly and polite. Our grandson loved the miniature golf, tennis and the pools. Our room was overlooking the golf course and putting green. In fact today, my grandson asked if we could go back again. Additional restaurants are close by as well as an indoor mall and movie theater.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West-Roselle
7 mi away
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg
Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream

Been to Indian Lakes Hotel? Share your experiences!