“nice place for a conf”
Review of Indian Lakes Hotel

Indian Lakes Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Reviewed March 14, 2013

great staff! The rooms were clean, valet parking attendentswas very attentive, the desk and wait staff were awesome everything was really nice. The hotel is older but staff make it top notch. I ate dinner there and food was awesome. They had really good food when feeding large #'s at our conf. I was impressed with the hotel and think it would be really pretty when the weather was better as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jnetc5
Jill H, Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable experience. We will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for our weekly specials. We can’t wait to have you back for your next conference – and outdoor activities, too!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed in January for a work reception. Room was very clean and staff were great as well. No issues at all! I wish I could report more, but I wasn't there for long and couldn't use all the facilities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank arummler
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've been going to Indian Lakes since I was a child. The property has gone through some ups and downs, but is now at a fantastic level thanks to Hilton!

I've stayed several times since 2008 and have been impressed each time. In fact, I am having my wedding there later this year. I have been satisfied with their rooms, food, and service. I would try to get a golf view room if possible, as the views are nice no matter what time of year you visit. The indoor pool is very nice and great for kids and adults alike.

The property is very unique in its design, which has some definite charm. The restaurants are good, if not great. I would suggest looking for one of their packages, as they offer a great value.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BTLew81
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hotel was very nice except for the heating system in our room, #374. Very loud when cycling on.I would have to say the thermostat was in the wron place. It is too sensitve to heat coming on. It would run for only about a minute then temp would drop below setting and run again in 5 minutes The restaurant was very nice, The Cave lounge was nice but too dark.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jill H, Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found our hotel to be nice. I do however apologize for the inconvenience you went through regarding the heating unit in your room. I sincerely apologize if it was too noisy and that it was not working properly. I appreciate you bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance team .Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that I will be taking your comments into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I truly regret and inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall, we came for my birthday and was disappointed in the Valentine package value, the food and room service was horrible. Couple fighting next door, doors slamming in the middle of the night and the room was not ventilated properly for smokers,
Front desk was wonderful, but had to keep redialing kitchen nobody would answer for room service,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the moment we checked in the staff was very courteous and professional. We arrived two hours early, but were able to check in no problem. Enjoyed drinks at the Cave Bar and dinner at Shiraz on the Water. Food was amazing, five stars, seriously. We were amazed at the quality for a resort restaurant. Property is not modern, but it is well maintained. Only complaint would be the wondows in our room. Beautiful view, but the window was in serious need of maintinence. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: I would skip the breakfast in the Masters Clubhouse, but don't miss the indoor pool!
1  Thank Jodi S
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. However when making the reservations, we were going for a wedding with a block of rooms, we were told there were no more rooms available under their block. So of course they try to get you to pay more, then told we could reserve a room at a cheaper rate if we took the non-cancel, no change reservation and of course I said yes. Of course the bride called and asked if we reserved our room because we were not showing up on their block and I had, and told her the story. She said there was still rooms available under their block, but they gave us a hard time because we took the non-cancel, no change room rate. Anyway they finally landed up crediting our card the difference, but it was like pulling teeth to get it. Other than that it was an ok hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West-Roselle
7 mi away
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg
Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream

Been to Indian Lakes Hotel? Share your experiences!