“12th Year of enjoying this great Hilton !!!”

Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Los Angeles, California
“12th Year of enjoying this great Hilton !!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I, and my business associates have been coming to this property for the last 12 plus years and enjoyed every stay ... Hilton took over the management a coupple of Years ago and upgraded the facility with new electronics, beds, carpet and "top-notch" Hotel Management ... Keep it up Hilton !!
Want to give a "shout out" to the Great Front Desk Staff - Stephanie and Sue whom get 5 Stars !! Maria at the Masters Club House - Great Breakfast and Lunch !! A Big Thank You to Dan and Jim at the Shiraz for delivering another great experience for our annual dinner at the Shiraz ... bottom line the Hilton Management Team has been awesome troughout the Years, with Roni the Initial Hilton Manager, Dino, Lisa, Greg and Jill ... and I believe they are getting a new Manager for 2013 ....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ABALLC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was attending a conference at the hotel and my husband decided to join me. As an amateur photographer, he loved walking the grounds and photographing the golf course and flora/fauna. Overall, we enjoyed out stay. The room was nice, but strangely shaped, making a bit of the space not really useable. The pool was nice and we went each night. We ate at both the restaurant near the golf course (for lunch) as well as the standard restaurant. The restaurant did have some troubles accommodating my food allergies (onions and peppers) and I settled on the cheese platter (cheeses, nuts, some fruit, etc).

The inside of the hotel is difficult to get around as it seems to be hexagon shaped. The rooms are a bit of a walk to the conference rooms. Additionally, my conference had breakfast and a snack served each day. However, they serve these in the hallway outside of the conference rooms, and 2 times there was not enough food for the participants, as other groups having conferences were ignoring the signs that it was for us and were taking platefuls of our food with them. To have a hotel employee to help monitor who is eating the food would be helpful. Also, the walls of the conference rooms were thin. As we were learning new medical techniques, a sorority group and a gospel convention (I assume) were also in attendance and made it difficult to hear our presenter.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 5nights about four years ago. This is a GREAT hotel, we loved it we are making another trip to chicago thinking about staying here again hope it is just as nice.The golf course was a really nice treat, my mom went to the spa, she said it was really nice. The beds were comfy and the hotel was very clean, customer service was wonderful. I will let you know if they still live up to there name after four years.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jonsay24
Romeoville, Illinois
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at Indian Lakes for a holiday party and were pleased with our room. We had a room on the 2nd floor facing the atrium. It really was a pretty view, they had the atrium decorated for the Christmas holiday. I never noticed the noise that others complained about and we were right across from "The Cave" bar. Maybe we just got lucky and were there on a quiet night. I found the room clean and bedding comfy. The bathroom large and also clean. The hotel rooms have an octagon shape and when your walking in the halls you're walking in the same octagon like direction. It's different, that's for sure. I not saying bad, just different. Really the only thing that turned me off was the sign on the room refridgerator. It mentioned that it was monitored with sensors and it would cost you to use it. I mean, we have stayed at many hotels and the room refridgerator is pretty standard. We never used the pool, so I can't comment. It did look real nice though as we passed in on our way to dinner. The dinner in one of the banquet rooms was very good with excellent service, no complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joanne m
Waterman, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Horrible experience. I would not recommend this property to anyone. I live in the local area and I thought it would be fun for my 3 kids to go stay for the weekend, just Saturday and Sunday swim in the pool and just relax. I was wrong. At first there didnt seem to be any problems other than never being any towels at the pool and the place was a little say unclean, but we dealt with it. Then we noticed the hot tub water was an orange color and smelled like dirty clothes. Obviously we stayed away from the hot tub from then on but the damage was done. All 3 of my boys broke out with a rash by Sunday evening, by Monday they were complaining of earaches. Monday night I had them at the Doctor and they all had bacterial infections of the skin and inner ear- ALL 3. Never had any of them had bacterial skin infections before never had 3 earaches at the same time. Something is wrong with this place it needs to be closed for a week of intense cleaning. The thought of this place makes my skin crawl. If you need to stay here bring your own bedding and stay out of the pool/hot tub, its not worth the risk. My kids suffered for days and missed 3 days of school after this little excursion to the bacteria inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Disco0822
Jill H, Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I understand the condition of the hot tub was of concern, I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Travelers are raving about these Bloomingdale hotels

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

First impression of hotel outdated! Parking is a mess you have to walk long distance. Don't get room facing into the atrium extremely loud all day and night everything echoes! Or a room next to elevator it was constant sound of it going up and down. Thermostat was broke it was 76 degrees entire time there could'nt turn it down! Room was clean but laid out extremely odd curtains smelled like smoke. On Sunday maid came in our room at 8:00 am she didn't even knock just came in! Monday morning about 8:30 am the smoke alarms in hallways and rooms started going off and continued for an hour! Tried call front desk but phone in room didn't work so I went down front desk ask what's going on and woman at desk said with nasty attitude our engineers are working on it and I said I'm on 5th floor you should've notified everyone staying at hotel the day before there were only couple cars in parking lot so it could've been done. So about 10:30 am same day I get letter under my door there may not be any hot water from 11-3! Stayed four days for business and will not be back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JMRow
We apologize for the poor level of customer service you received, and we take your comments very seriously. The next time you're in the area we would like to invite you back for an improved experience.
Aurora, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Several family members booked rooms for the weekend due to a memorial in the area. The service was excellent! The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows were excellent! I did not have a chance to use the restaurants, but some other family members said the breakfast was nice. The atrium with the cave bar was nice and gave us room to meet with other family members. We got pizza and were able to relax and visit. We also used the pool and hot tub. Both were very nice.

My only complaints was the information books in the room were falling apart and I had not gotten all of them til the second night. Also, high school kids are sneaking into the pool area at night. Hotel security needs to monitor that area.
All in all a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale
#3 of 3 in Bloomingdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
The Westin Chicago Northwest

Been to Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes? Share your experiences!