Indian Lakes Hotel
$143
Residence Inn
Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale(Bloomingdale)(Great Value!)
$139
$72
$71
ExtendedStay
1,088 results
All reviewsgolf coursemini golfthe cave baroutdoor poolfrank lloyd wrightbreakfast buffetconference centerhot tubnice resortbit datedchicago areaatriumshirazoctagonweddingmeetingevent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at Indian Lakes for a holiday party and were pleased with our room. We had a room on the 2nd floor facing the atrium. It really was a pretty view, they had the atrium decorated for the Christmas holiday. I never noticed the noise that others complained about and we were right across from "The Cave" bar. Maybe we just got lucky and were there on a quiet night. I found the room clean and bedding comfy. The bathroom large and also clean. The hotel rooms have an octagon shape and when your walking in the halls you're walking in the same octagon like direction. It's different, that's for sure. I not saying bad, just different. Really the only thing that turned me off was the sign on the room refridgerator. It mentioned that it was monitored with sensors and it would cost you to use it. I mean, we have stayed at many hotels and the room refridgerator is pretty standard. We never used the pool, so I can't comment. It did look real nice though as we passed in on our way to dinner. The dinner in one of the banquet rooms was very good with excellent service, no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joanne m
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Horrible experience. I would not recommend this property to anyone. I live in the local area and I thought it would be fun for my 3 kids to go stay for the weekend, just Saturday and Sunday swim in the pool and just relax. I was wrong. At first there didnt seem to be any problems other than never being any towels at the pool and the place was a little say unclean, but we dealt with it. Then we noticed the hot tub water was an orange color and smelled like dirty clothes. Obviously we stayed away from the hot tub from then on but the damage was done. All 3 of my boys broke out with a rash by Sunday evening, by Monday they were complaining of earaches. Monday night I had them at the Doctor and they all had bacterial infections of the skin and inner ear- ALL 3. Never had any of them had bacterial skin infections before never had 3 earaches at the same time. Something is wrong with this place it needs to be closed for a week of intense cleaning. The thought of this place makes my skin crawl. If you need to stay here bring your own bedding and stay out of the pool/hot tub, its not worth the risk. My kids suffered for days and missed 3 days of school after this little excursion to the bacteria inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Disco0822
Jill H, Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I understand the condition of the hot tub was of concern, I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

First impression of hotel outdated! Parking is a mess you have to walk long distance. Don't get room facing into the atrium extremely loud all day and night everything echoes! Or a room next to elevator it was constant sound of it going up and down. Thermostat was broke it was 76 degrees entire time there could'nt turn it down! Room was clean but laid out extremely odd curtains smelled like smoke. On Sunday maid came in our room at 8:00 am she didn't even knock just came in! Monday morning about 8:30 am the smoke alarms in hallways and rooms started going off and continued for an hour! Tried call front desk but phone in room didn't work so I went down front desk ask what's going on and woman at desk said with nasty attitude our engineers are working on it and I said I'm on 5th floor you should've notified everyone staying at hotel the day before there were only couple cars in parking lot so it could've been done. So about 10:30 am same day I get letter under my door there may not be any hot water from 11-3! Stayed four days for business and will not be back!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JMRow

We apologize for the poor level of customer service you received, and we take your comments very seriously. The next time you're in the area we would like to invite you back for an improved experience.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Several family members booked rooms for the weekend due to a memorial in the area. The service was excellent! The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows were excellent! I did not have a chance to use the restaurants, but some other family members said the breakfast was nice. The atrium with the cave bar was nice and gave us room to meet with other family members. We got pizza and were able to relax and visit. We also used the pool and hot tub. Both were very nice.

My only complaints was the information books in the room were falling apart and I had not gotten all of them til the second night. Also, high school kids are sneaking into the pool area at night. Hotel security needs to monitor that area.
All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

It might have looked ok 10-15 yrs ago but not not. Hallways to the rooms are very narrow and maze like. The rooms are big but odd shaped so most of the space is wasted. Big bathroom but again very awkward design, like a long counter with the sink shoved into one corner, and the door almost hits the toilet. The HVAC unit is very loud! When it's not running you can hear the HVAC units in the other rooms. No payper view movies. The cave bar was nice with good service. The restaurant is way way way too far from the lobby for a business traveller- add 10-15 minutes for the walk just to get a marginal breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012
Jill H, Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.