Indian Lakes Hotel
$143
Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale(Bloomingdale)(Great Value!)
$119
$81
$68
$71
1,088 results
All reviewsgolf coursemini golfthe cave baroutdoor poolfrank lloyd wrightbreakfast buffetconference centerhot tubnice resortbit datedchicago areaatriumshirazoctagonweddingmeetingevent
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here Sep 2012 for 6 nights with our 2 boys. The outdoor pool had closed for the season but the indoor pool complex was fabulous.
Good shuttle service (free) for local trips to shops, train station etc.
Nice big rooms - we pd $10 extra for fridge rental, well worth it.
Enjoyed the Cave Bar and loved Izzy and Moes. Masters Clubhouse had nice meals, but their hours were quite limited. 7pm I think was the last ordering time.
Our bathroom flooded one day but was dealt with promptly and all clothes that got wet were dry cleaned free of charge.
Nice resort, would def recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012
GregoryWhetsel, Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your comments to the staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back if your future travel plans bring you to the area.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Visited for 3 days on a business trip. Upon my early arrival, I tried to check in at noon. Room wasn't ready, which, of course, was not a problem. The staff at the front desk took my cell number and promised to call me when my room was ready. So, I went off to my afternoon meeting, which was held in one of the hotel's meeting rooms.

It was raining outside. Not sure if this was the cause of the water that soaked the carpet in part of our meeting room. I carelessly put my bag down on the wet carpet, and only later noticed that my bag got soaked. Anyhow, our meeting ran from 1-6 PM, and no one from the front desk ever followed through on their promise to call me. So, at 6, I went to check in.

Imagine my surprise when, even though my organization had reservations far in advance (and we were bringing in lots of visitors for a conference), and even though we had requested a non smoking room, and even though I had tried to check in earlier--- when I went to check in, I was told that my only option would be a smoking room in the basement. Anyhow, after 45 minutes of complaining, I was moved to a nearby Residence Inn for the night (which, by the way, was a clean hotel with friendly, helpful staff!).

Anyhow, they were able to fit me in at the hotel for the next two nights, and my room was fine. I'll fast-forward through the rest: wet carpet in the meeting rooms, water coming through the ceiling in one meeting room, my final bill that was incorrect,...well, you get the point. It was a very disappointing visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul T
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights during the Ryder Cup and the service was very good. The speak easy bar was fun and the food was ok. Room was very comfortable and had plenty of space. They did a good job of providing transportation to and from Medina. The cave bar was unique but was small and crowded, but that's to be expected during a sporting event. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JTH1952
GregoryWhetsel, Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your comments to the staff. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at this property for a night with my three year old daughter primarily for a nice pool getaway.

BOOKING: Through Hilton.com was easy as always (though the new Hilton website does run a bit slow).

RATES: Were quite reasonable. I paid $144 for a king room. Parking is free and there are no "resort fees", so I couldn't complain about the cost, that's for sure.

CHECK-IN: Was a bit slow. There was a wedding the weekend that we were there so it was a bit busy. When I initially arrived, there were three people working behind the desk and only one was initially helping guests. After a brief wait, I was called over and from there, checkin went quickly and smoothly. Another downside was the fact that I was not recognized as a Gold HHonors member and I was not given the usual breakfast coupons that come with this status level.

THE ROOM: The room was probably a bit above average size and had nice large windows. The bathroom amenities were standard Hilton as was the bedding. The rooms had a flatscreen TV as well as two telephones. One downside was the lack of interactive TV features although I usually pass on these when available due to their prohibitive costs. The rooms do show their age a bit but are overall acceptable.

ROOM SERVICE: We only ordered deserts but the service was pretty quick and the food was actually pretty good. As is standard for hotels, the cost was on the high side.

THE POOL: Is the definite upside to this facility. The pool is very warm (and I hate cold pools) and nicely sized. There is also a nice jacuzzi. This would be the biggest reason for me to return to this property.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This Hilton is probably average if not a slight bit above average. The grounds are nice but parts are showing their age. The pool is great and the food pretty good. Recognition of HHonors status would be nice as would the standard perks that come with this. Overall, I would likely come back and if someone were coming to this area I would likely recommend this property.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank idries
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Have stayed here multiple times and the experience is all over the place. When the hotel is not full the service falls off a cliff. For example, on my last visit, I tried to order room service as all but their fine dining was closed and the time to deliver a sandwich was over an hour! The breakfast place literally had 3 people in it and the service was still pokey.

It is a good location but very inconsistent

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business