TripAdvisor
Bloomingdale
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good for a casual meal”

Bentley's Pancake House
Ranked #9 of 113 Restaurants in Bloomingdale
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 20, 2014

We stopped here in the late morning on the way home from my cataract surgery. I wanted breakfast and lots of coffee, as I hadn't had anything to eat that day. My husband was ready for lunch. The menu suited both of us. My spinach, tomato and feta omelette was perfect and the accompanying pancakes were fluffy. My husband had liver with bacon and onions, which he said was very good and the portion was quite large. His meal came with a big bowl of tasty split pea soup. The coffee was good and the very pleasant waitress was quick to refill my cup when needed. The restaurant is roomy and wasn't noisy, although we weren't there at a busy time. We will be back!

Date of visit: November 2014
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed September 8, 2014 via mobile

Our waitress was personable and our meal came quickly. The food is an average run of the mill.

I ordered the French toast breakfast and my sweetheart had the pancakes and I side of corned beef hash. I was not overly impressed with anything and the hash was out of a can.

I left fed, but I personally won't be back. There is nothing really memorable about this restaurant.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Pleasant experience with being able to immediately get seated in a booth. Patrons seem nice and comfortable. Food pretty decent for breakfast. A downside for me is I love chocolate chip pancakes, which they do serve. I ordered them as part of my breakfast and the chocolate chips were not made part of their batter. They were just drizzled between pancakes and on top - like an after thought effect. And...syrup seemed a bit watery.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our mid west road trip and are thrilled we did! Our server, Karen, was fantastic! Our breakfast was delicious and quick! Pancakes, French toast, Egg skillet and milkshake too were perfect! Highly recommend!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have been here on several occasions. The first time the cook made my order wrong. I was kinda"picking" around things on the plate. Apparently the owner saw it and went back and made it for me himself even though I told him it was fine. WOW! Color me impressed!! I have seen the fathe and son work in tandem on Sundays when it is crowded and that is always nice to see.
You will wait on Sundays, the place is packed...and for good reason. The food is great. Love the pancakes. Selection is huge. Not a star restaurant but a great Greek (?) place with constantly good food, sizeable portions at a great price. The wait staff is not the best and you will wait to get that second cup of coffee but that is because they are slammed with people and serving orders one after another. It is busy but well worth it.

Date of visit: April 2014