All reviews basketball court light meal front desk staff a great place to stay complimentary breakfast an overnight stay the hotel offers carol stream living area shopping and restaurants bedroom dishwasher molly mall kitchenette roomy furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed December 6, 2018 via mobile

Front desk service was excellent as was the room cleaning service.

Nice facility for the price; however, some of the furniture in the room belongs in the junkyard.

Use of these Items one feels unclean

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Getaway823149, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and recent stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Booked a two bed suite here with family of 7 (3 adults - 3 kids and a baby) while in the area for a hockey tournament. The 2 bedrooms are nice, spacious, the only problem is that the pull out couch (which is actually a chaise lounge that opens to a bed) is not very comfortable or big enough for two kids to sleep on.
It was very hard to regulate the temp in the suite, 1 bedroom was very hot while the other was freezing.

The exhaust fan in the bathroom was very noisy and did not really clear the air.

The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast that was not bad if bland.

The hotel itself is nice enough and there is a small indoor pool which was great for the kids and there is also a small basketball court which the older kids enjoyed.

There are lots of restaurants and shops nearby, even within walking distance.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Tricia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

I thank you for your comments, and your concerns. I will be sure to share with the team, and talk to the Breakfast Staff. I also see about the Sofa Couch, yes, I am sad to say, they are not the best beds in the world to sleep on, and I do understand. WE are to have a Renovation next year in June, which we are all very excited for. We are lucky to have many restaurant options around the hotel.
Hope to see you again,
Becca Klueg

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week for a family wedding. Although the staff was nice, the hotel was dirty, the room smelled like cat and dog pee along with heavy cigarette smoke. There were huge spots all over the carpet, that made it to where I never wanted to walk in bare feet. The sheets were very thin and it didn’t stay on the mattress, with one very thin old cover not even really a bedspread. Definitely not a place I would return to. There was police cars in the parking lot every night. The location was good, staff nice, but hotel definitely run down.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Tricia M, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Good Morning,
First of all, please accept my apologies on this room. I am not sure what room you were in, as I would like to follow up on this, As we are an Extended Stay hotel, we do have a lot of people who relocate, or homes are being remodeled etc, and bring there pets with. On the downside, as much as we are 100% non-smoking, you still have people who continue to smoke in the rooms, an have no regards for others. I a m sorry that housekeeping did not smell this when they were cleaning the room, as we would never have turned it over to be rentable in this condition that you are saying it was in. I thank you for the wonderful comments about the team and the location. WE are being renovated next year in the May 2019, so you will have to come back and try us. I will address the issues with the teams involved. Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

It was a nice stop to be able to stay at this property. The staff, especially Jo-Jo, were super friendly. The breakfasts were average, and did not have a lot of variety I often see in breakfast buffets. The room was very clean, and the bed was made daily, but not otherwise made. There was a full kitchenette. The mattress was not firm at all. It would be a good place for families with children. I did have one problem with the computer in the lobby, so they apologized and sent me over to the Courtyard next door to print my material. Needs a little bit more parking space. Also has pool and tennis court.

Room tip: Upper floor
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Tricia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Thank you for our wonderful comments. I will be sure to pass onto JoJo. We have made a couple of changes in the Breakfast area, with staff and the presentation. I thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Another old school Residence Inn, dated and dark. It is close to retail and restaurants although the local mall looks like they are closing down. The staff are friendly and nice but breakfast buffet was below average and would run out of coffee a lot.
Platinum Elite Member

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Paul85255

Thank you for your comments. I am Happy to say the Residence Inn - Bloomingdale will be undergoing and extensive renovation in April 2019, which we are all very happy about this. We have had some issues with our Breakfast area, and have made some staffing and presentation changes. I do hope that you will come back and see us again, and especially after the renovations is done, which is going to take about 10-13 weeks.