“This is a Spectacular Hotel”

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
North Florida
“This is a Spectacular Hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was in Chicago at the last minute from Florida, as we had a unexpected sad death in the family, and I we were driving around looking for a nice place to stay with our family of four; as I did not have time to make arrangements. I was originally from the Bloomingdale area, but it has been over 8 years that I've been back to my town. My friend told me about the Residence Inn at The Marriot. We drove up and my husband asked if there were any rooms, and we were hoping for a bereavement rate. Well the front desk representative was very friendly, and was able to get Sales management to give me a bit of a better rate. We were tired and really just wanted rest. We stayed for 4 nights, and 5 days, and I must say it was a comfortable, clean, and just a nice family environment. The breakfast was hot and delicious, and the staff was just nice and friendly. The area was just great, Bloomingdale is a very nice town , and the location was very convenient to the Stratford Mall, and all kinds of restaurants and shops. I would definetly reccomend this place for families. It was very clean, and that is so important to me! We had a 1 bedroom suite with the sofa bed room with a fully equipped kitchen. The pillows were so soft, and it really felt like home to stay there. I give it 5 stars! I will always look for Resindence Inn for now on when I travel. Great clean family place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Elmira, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I booked a one-night stay at this hotel for a business meeting in the area. When I entered the room, I discovered I had a suite with TWO bedrooms and TWO bathrooms, along with a full kitchen and living area. Way more than I needed, but would have been perfect for a family stay. The room was clean and the only thing that my particular room had trouble with was WiFi. The signal was too weak to use for FaceTiming home. In the foyer the signal was strong, so it must have been a weird angle to the router. The breakfast was great, the staff friendly...all in all a great stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Needed a quick place to stay for a tournament, found this place. Location - right in the middle, or very near to good restaurants, coffee, movies, etc, off Army Trail. Check in - very nice, smooth. Facility - has all the right things, nice pool area, hot tub, nice lobby area. Pool was warmer than the hot tub however??? Rooms were nice, a bit dated, but overall fine, one problem was that one of the windows was not latched and the wind was blowing, creating a noise, had to mess with it for 10 minutes to force it to latch to get it to stop, finally got it, otherwise would have had to switch room because of noise and the fact that cold air was coming in. Room as a queen bed in one room and a sofa sleeper in the other with a small kitchen. No other issues. Had to leave early in the AM just as breakfast was being served so had to do the grab and go, but plenty of choices for to go (coffee, rolls, fruit, yogurt etc) and hot stuff looked more than good. Overall, if we were able to get a good rate again, would easily stay here again,

Window

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tri_man11
Glasgow
Reviewed March 4, 2012

i stay here quite often on business - service level is always high, rooms are always clean and comfortable and always good value. not so good in winter when you have to walk outside to find a decent restaurant. Gym OK but could do with an some TLC

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank johnnysailorboy
Mason, MI
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband, my mom & I stayed at this hotel and man did we love it! The 2 bedroom suite was amazing, just like being home w/ the added bonus of a fireplace!
The staff was very friendly and the hotel location is right in the middle of everything. They have a breakfast buffet every morning and even serve dinner Mon-Thur free!!
We will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I found the desk staff to be very friendly and professional but the halls and rooms are in need mainttenance. My room had a beeping firealarm we had to take down in order to even be able to be in the room. The wallpaper in the bathroom was starting to peel.

The breakfast however stunk. The oven was apparently broken and food appeared to be have been brought in from the Courtyard next door. Which meant items were slow to be replaced in the buffet. The orange juice machine ran out of OJ and was not replaced even though there was another hour to go. The milk was not refreshed in a timely manner. I am traveling with a toddler so I needed the milk.

If it had not been for the friendly desk staff I would have been the hotel 2 stars.

My other complant was the "King Bed" was felt like a queen bed. IT was a bit uncomfy as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Glendale Heights, Illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for over a month while my condo was being repaired from water damage. This hotel is very modern and clean and the staff is very friendly and courteous. Housekeeping was excellent and I really enjoyed the great breakfast selection they had... and it's complimentary!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale
Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale
#3 of 3 in Bloomingdale
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West-Roselle
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Hilton Garden Inn Addison

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale? Share your experiences!