“left early--not clean”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Appleton, Wisconsin
“left early--not clean”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Carpet in our room was stained and dirty. Asked to see another room and it was also stained and dirty. Threw my socks in the trash after staying here. The hotel smells--a strong odor like sulphur. I had to use a washcloth to clean something red that was smeared on moulding. What good is a renovation if the housekeeping is subpar? I really doubt the room we stayed in was renovated in 2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank takenroad
Helen O, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Takenroad,
I want to apologize for your unpleasant carpet experience at our hotel. However I do appreciate the feedback so I can make sure this is fixed for you and any other future guest! We really do strive to be the best. I personally would appreciate if you can call me so we can further discuss your stay at 630-529-9200, please ask for Helen.
I look forward to speaking with you and regaining your trust in our product.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Staff were so friendly! Beautiful accommodations. Immaculate. Hope to have a reason to travel to Bloomingdale again soon to stay at the Marriott! Thank you. Fantastic cafe. Lovely pool. Can't say enough........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Helen O, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Southside 1951,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are thrilled you had a wonderful stay! We thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay!
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We booked this hotel during the New Years holiday season.

Positives:
We checked in very late (2am), but even that early in the morning, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and had lots of space. Furnishings were modern enough. There was a indoor pool (necessary for winters here), but we didn't use. We requested extra towels and toiletries and even though we weren't in our room and had our do not disturb sign up, they left our requested items in a nice basket outside our door which was waiting for us when we returned. Lobby looked up to date and well maintained. In terms of location, the hotel is right next to the Stratford mall, many eateries, and lots of other shopping (including a Wal-mart).

Main flaws to this hotel were:
- No automatic doors to enter lobby. This made rolling our luggage through the hotel entrance a challenge since someone had to hold the door open.
- A part of the ceiling above our desk area looked like it had been poorly spackled during a renovation. It looked like a railing of some kind used to be up there.
- The volume and channel buttons on the TV were broken or disabled. We were only able to change channels with remote which was not a big deal since we primarily change channels with remote anyway.
- Heating/AC units were older so the thermostat was a knob/dial. It took a couple of adjustments to get the temperature in the room right.

Overall, we like the value we received for the hotel, as well as its location and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Helen O, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Charbroiled,
Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Helen
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2012

- Free wifi
- There is an indoor pool and hot tub so bring your bathing suits!
- There is a fridge in the room

I absolutely enjoyed my stay here! Our plane landed early in the morning and our meeting was cancelled for the day, so I had time to kill and was tired. Luckily, this hotel let us check in an hour early. The location was great too, it was close (walking distance) to the mall and restaurants. The room and bathroom was super clean. They have Paul Mitchell bath products, which I think is awesome! There is also a balcony with patio furniture, so you can sit outside. The front desk staff was friendly and courteous and housekeeping lady was thorough! I ate at the bistro just once, and the food was ok. Drink prices at the bar was decent. Some of my colleagues came to visit me at the hotel were jealous because they said my room was really nice! I was very comfortable throughout my stay here.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Helen O, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for sharng your wonderful experience, we really strive hard to make our guest happy! I will share with our staff your kind words!
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

After moving out of a Double Tree due to Building Work we couldn't believe our Lucky on stumbling across this hotel.From the first moment we moved in we were made to feel welcome , nothing was to much trouble for the staff , who were always so pleasant , friendly and nothing was to much trouble . Good food, smart rooms , reasonable rates and smiling faces puts this hotel in a class of its own . Thanks to everybody there especially Diane , Julia and The European Ryder Cup Team for making this an amazing holiday .

• Stayed September 2012
Helen O, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. We enjoyed our Ryder Cup guest and are very happy you enjoyed your stay and the staff made a good impression on you and your stay. I will share with the staff and they will be thrilled with the kind words!
Minnesota
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the last eight years. While the staff is extremely polite, friendly, and helpful, the hotel rooms need some upgrading. On our most recent visit in August, we stayed 2 nights and had a hard time sleepung both nights. The matress is too soft and the fitted sheet comes undone and exposes the matress with the slightest movement. The pillows are all lumpy even though there are lots on the bed. The updated lobby is great as is the availability of food items, but I need to be able to sleep well most of all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WickedSharpie
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback to help us improve. All of our beds are all new pillow top mattresses, and the next time you are in the area we are able to make the bed more firm to fit your taste. Please call me at the hotel and I will arrange for your future stay. Again we really appreciate your feedback and we would like you to try us again so we can make sure you have a good night's rest.
California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

One of my favorite cities of all my travels in Downtown Chicago, however it isnt always convenient for me to stay downtown. When I need to stay in the "burbs" this was just fine. Walking distance to dining and shopping. Rooms are the standard for this brand hotel. Staff is courteous and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Helen O, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. We love our guest!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Hilton Garden Inn Addison
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream

Been to Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale? Share your experiences!