“Great Food! Fantastic Staff! Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mandarin Bistro

Mandarin Bistro
Ranked #19 of 88 Restaurants in Bloomingdale
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Food! Fantastic Staff! Excellent!!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This place is hard to see and find, but once you see it and try it, you will be a regular customer like I am.

I work in this general area and myself and co-workers are always looking for good food. My ever expanding waist is proof of that statement.

Deciding to give Mandarin Bistro a try for a late dinner with a co-worker, we were more than pleasantly surprised. First of all, the workers (owners it would seem) who greet you and wait on tables are the nicest, most customer friendly restaurant staff ever! Warmly greeted and very friendly.

Also, the menu is HUGE. Many selections. They even brought out a picture menu like Denny's (they probably thought we were beginner Chinese cuisine eaters!).

We each ordered an entree, which is served with soup. My buddy ordered Hot and Sour soup, I ordered the Egg Drop soup. The waitress came back and appolgized and said they were out of Hot and Sour soup. No problem. Egg Drop for both of us. But, she actually scraped up a 1/2 cup of Hot and Sour soup and brought that in addition to a full cup of the Egg Drop soup. Very nice gesture indeed!

Calling the Egg Drop soup "Egg Drop" is a misnomer. This was a full flavored, chicken broth based soup, with egg, chicken, corn and other goodies. It is delicious and like no other Egg Drop soup I have ever had.

Then the entrees came. I had the Sizzling Beef and Onion plate (I think that's what it's called) and it was fabulous! The other entree was another beef dish of some kind (with vegetables) and my friend said it was great too!

And, even though we were there late and stayed until 20 minutes after the restaurant closed, they never rushed us and we never felt hurried to leave.

The pricing was fair considering the quality of the food and the portions served. The restaurant was super clean and had a very nice atmosphere. Not your typical strip mall Chinese restaurant.

So, if you are looking for fantastic Chinese food at a fair price, with awesome service, visit Mandarin Bistro. You won't be disappointed!!!!

• Visited January 2014

Durango, Colorado
“Really like their food”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have had carry out for a couple of times. All were prepared as asked. We have some of our favorites and have to branch out and order some other stuff!! Always a good, fast, reasonably priced meal. You can order on-line too.

• Visited August 2013
Roselle, Illinois
“Better than average local Chinese place”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Place is nice and clean, the staff is friendly and they have a fair sized menu. I really enjoy the egg drop soup and hot green tea. My boyfriend loves the general Tao's chicken and they also have a great chicken salad. The one thing I don't like about the food is that the sauce used for the dishes I've had seems to be think and kind of syrup like. Not a fan of that bit everything is very good and nicely priced. They also offer brown rice instead of white for $1.25 more which is nice too.

• Visited July 2013
Gurnee, Illinois
“Traveling salesman”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Ordered to go; pork spare ribs, vegetable Lo me in, and Kung pao beef. All was outstanding! They also made homade mustard which always sets apart the fast food to restaurant style mentality.

I would reccomened a visit!

• Visited April 2013
“First visit but definitely not my last.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Ordered mu shu beef (Shredded beef & veges), jade chicken (Chicken with broccoli and peapods), and mixed vegetables!! Yummy!!!
Quaility of Food was not a disappointment!!! It was made to order, using the freshest ingredients!! Not only did i enjoyed my meal, my husband did too!! & he"s hard to please because he"s a true meat & potatoes mid-westerner! I now have a local chinese restaurant to call upon when i don"t feel like cooking!!