“Lunch in Bishop Hill”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Mariestad, Sverige
“Lunch in Bishop Hill”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We are from Sweden and wanted to pay a visit to Bishop Hill on our US-vacation. We decided to have lunch at P L Johnson's and try the Swedish meatballs. We knew meatballs would be served with noodles and Brown sauce + lingonberries. It tasted good and it was a nice Place with nice and friendly staff. Well, we are not used to having noodles + sauce with our meatballs in Sweden. We usually have them with mashed potatoes + sauce or macaroni + meatballs but without sauce then. Different from what we are used to here. But later on we have figured out that this must be German! Anyway, a nice Place where we enjoyed lunch. There were also Three nice cats outside the place.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Marie-Louise K

Eldridge, Iowa
“Cute place, good food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Monday. Cute atmosphere. The place was busy and we did not feel rushed. I had chicken salad, ice tea, fruit, red raspberry pie alamode. All were good. My friend had the Swedish meatballs with noodles and pie and said it was very good. I would eat here again.

Visited August 2013
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Could be so much better”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I ate lunch here on a Saturday as there aren't many eating options in Bishop Hill. We chose to eat in the "store" part since the main dining room, where the hostess was about to seat us, was uncomfortably warm. The service as I recollect was neither good nor bad. However, the food was not good; we both ordered the same - soup and meatballs. The soup was cold and we sent it back to be re-heated; the meatballs were OK but the noodles were dried up. It seemed to us that they had scraped the bottom of the pot for both the soup and the noodles. For a place that's only open for lunch, they could do a lot better.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Dedgehog
“not so sure”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was out on a ride and stopped in bishop hill at p l johnsons the lady asked me if she could help me and I asked for a coke she replied we only have pepsi I said ok she asked if I wanted it to go I asked her if it was ok to have it their she said yes but it struck me as odd iam I being judged because I have tattoos and ride a Harley iam not sure but I think she may have realized iam no threat she became more friendly the staff seemed friendly I do like to ride to places like bishop hill but I may not go back

• Visited July 2013