“Great atmosphere, great service”
Review of The Buzz

The Buzz
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Benton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were looking for a place off of I 57 and found this place. It was awesome. People were super friendly. I shared food with my gf and they gave me free soup so we would both have some. Our Milano panini was on point. The pesto was great. I never write reviews, but this place was good enough to make me want to.

2  Thank Brent74567

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice sandwich shop with a great selection of hot and cold sandwiches. Friendly, helpful staff. Nice artwork. We just wish they were open longer.

1  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I were on Interstate 57 looking for a place to have lunch. We had planned on stopping in Mt. Vernon, but because of construction missed the fact that our exit was an entire mile back from where it normally is. We decided to continue on and when our GPS locater found several restaurants at Benton we took the Highway 14 exit. Are we ever glad we chose to skip the normal fast food selections and take the extra two miles into downtown Benton. We stumbled on The Buzz, a quaint coffee shop and bistro, located on the west side of the square across from the historic Franklin County Courthouse. They serve sandwiches (chicken salad is the house specialty), paninis, wraps, soup, salads, a wide variety of coffee shop beverages, plus fruit smoothies and fountain coke products. You order at the counter and your meal is delivered to your table. My husband chose the daily special which was two of either the house salad (you can upgrade to a speciality salad for $1.50 more), a 1/2 sandwich or cup of soup. He had the Greek salad accompanied by 1/2 a Reuben. I opted for the Apple Walnut Salad and was glad I went with the smaller size as it was loaded with herb chicken, Asiago and cheddar cheese, sugar/cinnamon walnuts, fresh apple chunks and a side of honey raspberry vinaigrette dressing. There are plenty of sweet treats to choose from and for the road we picked the chocolate toffee cookies and I had a travel cup of the Highlander Grog, a rich blend infused with maple flavoring. The staff is wonderful and takes special care of newbies. In addition to lunch the Buzz also serves breakfast. While you wait you can browse their selection of children's books, books by local authors and about Southern Illinois, or grab some of their gourmet teas and coffees to take home. Hours are M-F, 7:30-4 p.m., Sat., 9-3, closed Sundays.