“HORRIBLE, TOXIC, DO NOT STAY HERE”

Country Hearth Inn - Benton
Country Hearth Inn - Benton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benton
Beaverton, Oregon
“HORRIBLE, TOXIC, DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The smell in this room was beyond putrid, like baby powder in a feces soiled 3 month old diaper!!! It was dank, dingy and I am never going to stay at an Econo Lodge as long as I live! No ice machine, no convenient outlets to charge electronics and such. Only nice thing I can say is that the staff was nice.

Room Tip: Look for hotels with wood floors, trust me!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank iwilldefy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here. We checked in at the Econo lodge lobby (Which is VERY dirty and stunk). After we checked in we went to dinner when we returned it was very late, and the condition of our room was HORINDUS!!! There was dust and cob webs on every surface and wall of the room. Everything was unplugged. The room reeked of smoke even though we asked for a non-smoking room and there was feces and pubic hair on the back of the toilet. Checking out we asked to speak with the manager and he wasn't it but left our number for him to call us. Four hours later still nothing. My husband called the hotel and the manager Sonny answered. My husband explained the condition of the room to him and the answer he received was If the room was that bad why didn't you say something then. Well we didn't know how bad it was until 2 am when we got back there. And considering the appearance of the rest of the hotel I'd be willing to bet the rest of the room are the same. Sonny called my husband a liar cussed at him and then hung up. We registered a complaint with Choice hotels who owns the Econo lodge franchise and we were then informed that we never stayed at the Econo lodge. Our statement from our CC is billed from the Econo Lodge we check in at the Econo Lodge but we never stayed there. So included in this Choice Hotels SUCK at customer relations also. Come to find our the story that Sonny is saying which the customer is not right on this even though we have proof as to where we stayed. Is that we stayed at the Magnuson a neighbor hotel. NOT TRUE!!! So since we didn't stay at the Econo Lodge we are filing Fraudulent Charges with our bank. The hotel is NASTY and there is defiantly so ILLIGAL business practices going on there. BEWARE!!!! Sonny also had Mary call us telling us that she is the manager at the Magnuson hotel and told us that we stayed there from what I read in previous comments she is the front desk clerk at the Econo Lodge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Krystin J

Travelers are raving about these Benton hotels

Ross, North Dakota
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were stuck in a traffic jam on I-57 and forced to find a hotel and the only one available was the Econo Lodge of Benton, IL. If that ever happens to me again, I will stay in my car --in a traffic jam before I would stay at this horrible hotel. First of all, the front desk check-in is very sketchy...after checking us in, the desk clerk took out a piece of paper and copied my credit card numbers down. I asked him why he did that and he stated that they like to keep credit card info on file in case we would stay at their hotel again. I told him I was not comfortable with him having my credit card after my transaction went through so asked him for the piece of paper...which he did give me. Now - on to the room. I have never stayed in such a filthy, smelly, run down, dirty, dump in my life. The bathroom had mold growing in the tub, the sink was dirty and did not look like it had been cleaned from the previous guest. Hallways are noisey, and you can hear everything in next rooms. EWWW - I just cannot even put into words how horrible this place was. Pass it by if you can. Good lesson learned....we were going to stop in the previous town for lodging, but just decided to travel a little further.....and then got stuck in a traffic jam and could not go any further. Next time---when wanting to stop---don't go further, use your intuition and find a decent place to rest. This hotel was a nightmare.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here. I cannot believe that the Health Dept. has not shut this place down.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lorac1962
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed February 7, 2014

this hotel was a great place for my family and i to stay. the beds were great! nice clean rooms and staff were very friendly! I would definetley reccomend this hotel as a place to stay in benton. they also had a really nice breakfast with lots to choose from!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MOUNT VERNON
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The room was clean, freshly painted. The hotel staff were friendly. The hotel was not listed in Wyndham hotels but it is a able for the reward points? The restraint had buffets, thEy were decent..................

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jana D
Worth, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was not impressed at all! Smoking rooms smelled awful!!! Non smoking rooms smelled of smoke..Very dated and not clean! I looked at the heater and it was full of dust...don't
want to breath that! Sorry not at all satisfied...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton
Americas Best Value Inn
Super 8 Marion
Super 8 Marion
#6 of 15 in Marion
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mount Vernon Rend Lake

Been to Country Hearth Inn - Benton? Share your experiences!