“loved the stay”

Country Hearth Inn - Benton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benton
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Staying at Super8, personally I have to say was the best idea of my vacation for stayin a night anywhere. For one, it had the most comfortable beds, and two, the desk clerk was really friendly and made me and my family welcome. Most of the Super8's I had visited were trashy and loud, lucky this one was the totally opposite. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good nights sleep, and the best service 24/7.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank Starbuxbabe

Reviewed January 7, 2008

Dirty, dirty, dirty. I had the great misfortune to get tired while driving and decided to stop at this motel for the night. I should have kept going. Upon checking in, I noticed a small sign that read "No refunds after 15 minutes of check-in". Whoa, that should have told me what I was in for. I was too tired to digest what I read so I went to my "room", and upon opening the door I was met with an old musty odor. It was late, so rather than seek out another room, I just pulled back the covers on the bed and slept in my clothes. I got a few hours of rest and was gone before 6:00AM.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank RaceOn
Reviewed November 28, 2007

I and my wife booked this hotel directly. I would say that was one the best experience of our hotel stays. We had other family members staying there too and we made movie for all our family and our relatives we wanted to see that movie and we could not hook up with the TV that was already in the room so we mentioned that to the manager and he actually got us his own personel TV from his office so we could injoy that movie because we were very excited, i think that was really good gesture and excellent service because manager did not had to do it and he did it anyway. Rooms were very clean and staff was nice and helpful. I would recomend that hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank nick085
Reviewed July 10, 2007

I would not recommend this hotel at all. Our confirmed reservation was not honored and we were given a lesser room. The room was not very clean and the staff was not very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KokopelliFJ
Reviewed June 6, 2007

This seems to be a fairly old property that has had some decent modernization and upgrades, but is not all the way there yet. In fact, if you take this Super 8, along with the Days Inn next door and the restaurant that shares the same parking lot -- if I had to guess I'd say all three used to all be parts of a single Holiday Inn. It has that 1960s Holiday Inn look and feel.

My stay started with a courteous and helpful young lady at the front desk, who cheerfully changed my room to the top floor when I asked. They put a sticker with the room number on the key card -- a nice touch for people like me who forget the room number by the time I get back from dinner. Walking through the corridor, the room doors and the hallway give a 1960s feel. Inside the room was a bit more updated, with nice-looking bedding and furniture. The bed was quite comfortable. On the downside, the carpet was a bit threadbare, the drapes didn't entirely cover the window, and the A/C was old and noisy. The bath fixtures were nice, although the plumbing was fairly antiquated judging by the repeated hot/cold cycles in the shower. Interestingly, the motel guide in the room still touts the Super 8 "VIP Card" ... how long has it been since Super 8 stopped the VIP program?

Overall, this is a reasonable place, albeit at a slightly-higher-than-reasonable price, in a small town, convenient to the freeway and services.

• Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank Cadillac22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton
Lake Cove Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion
Motel 6 Mount Vernon
Motel 6 Mount Vernon
#9 of 14 in Mount Vernon

Been to Country Hearth Inn - Benton? Share your experiences!