“A Warm Comfortable Place to Stay!!”

Country Hearth Inn - Benton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benton
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I have stayed at this Super 8 on several occasions, so I am familiar with the location. As with any hotel, there will be problems. However, I must admit the quality of service is phenomenal at this location. The staff and management make you feel at home with the excellent customer service. The hotel rooms have always been very clean. I would recommend this hotel for anyone on a budget, and most are these days. The hotel really does have a pleasant atmosphere even if a bit retro in style.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Country Hearth Inn - Benton

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Signage at check-in desk noted the items for breakfast available at the motel. This sign included biscuits and gravy. There were none the next morning. Breakfast was sparse.
Dimly lit check-in area and breakfast area.
Good point:The beds did seem to have new sheets.
I felt the room was overpriced considering the look/age of the facility. The base price was $64.99.

Room Tip: I look at the managers business card at the front desk. I've also become cautious regarding the...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We were on our way home from TX and just looking for a place to crash for the night. Got off at an exit and looked for the best looking, inexpensive hotel and picked this one. Didn't expect a lot from a $65 a night hotel, but were very pleasantly surprised! The rooms were very large. It looked like the hotel had just been renovated, clean paint, nice carpet, no visible wear on the bedding or curtains. The vanity was in the bathroom, this was actually nice because I was traveling with my son's girlfriend, it gave us a little more privacy. The beds were very comfortable, and you could faintly smell bleach. Not so much that it make you sick, just enough that you could tell they had been freshly washed and bleach had been used. When running out to the car for something, I could hear young children in a couple of the rooms around us. I noticed ath when in our room I couldn't hear any thing through the walls. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We checked into hotel and when we went to our room we noticed bugs on the window sill. Most of them were dead and when we rested on the bed we noticed bugs on the wall around the lights by the bed and actually crawled on my husbands hand. When we complained to the front desk they informed us they had a couple of rooms that insects had gotten into... why did they rent the rooms if they KNEW they had BUGS.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2011

when we arrived we noticed anyone could come into the hotel at anytime. no security cameras at all except in the lobby. the breakfast if that is what they call it if you dont get there by 6:30 am forget it they dont put that much out and there is nobody in the lobby to get more if you need more. we seen drug needles in the parking lot 10 feet from the entrance.they will just walk into your room to clean it even if you put out the do not disturb sign. this is the worst place to stay. my advice is keep driving untill something else turns up. i would not want anyone i know to stay at this dive. we would have been better off sleeping sleeping in the car for the week we stayed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Believe the other bad reviews, this place is disgusting! My room's floor had some sort of animal hair all over it, and needed vacuuming terribly. The counter in the bathroom had some sort of weird dried stuff (vomit possibly) all over the edge, mold around the sink, soap residue be the faucet, and the bathtub was so dirty it was brown with dirty footprints. The heater was a noisy rusty mess, and the beds didn't have any of the nice plastic sheeting you see so often now days, so I had the lovely treat of seeing dried yellow drool printed pillows peeking out at me from under my pillowcase when I arrived.
The hotel wasn't secure at all either, the main doors didn't even close properly, and every time I went past them they were propped open. With the sort of unsavory people I saw meandering through the parking lot, this lack of security is a poor choice!
As another reviewer said, "keep on driving"! Heed this advice, you'll probably get a better Super 8 further on down the road!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This place is a dump. It's been a long time since we've stayed somewhere this bad. The rooms were worn & dirty looking. The towels felt like sandpaper. I haven't seen such a small bath towel in over 25 years. No coffee in the lobby except during breakfast. The owner watched our every move when we got took one pastry & coffee back to our room rather than sit in the nasty looking 'breakfast area'.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton
Lake Cove Hotel
Motel 6 Mount Vernon
Motel 6 Mount Vernon
#9 of 14 in Mount Vernon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion

Been to Country Hearth Inn - Benton? Share your experiences!