“Absolutely NOT worth it! Stay at the Holiday Inn down the street”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bensenville
NH
“Absolutely NOT worth it! Stay at the Holiday Inn down the street”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

I stayed at this "hotel" for a weekend for a wedding; this hotel has NOTHING for amentities. There is NO restaurant, bar & grill, room service, gift shop, NOTHING! And there isn't anything within walking distance either. The room where the pool is gets so hot that you'll sweat just standing there and the outside patio where there's a picnic table and a few lounge chairs doesnt even get ANY sun at all! This hotel is boring, and I can't believe I had to stay for an entire weekend bored out of my mind. There's a Holiday Inn not too far from here that has both a bar & grill AND a restaurant, plus an indoor waterpark for a few dollars more than this hotel's wedding discounted rate! Oh, and the "fitness center" is all of 2 treadmills, 1 bike, and 1 elliptical. I had a miserable weekend and couldn't get out of there fast enough!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2008

I stayed here two nights in mid-September, in a suite. This is a very basic hotel. The "living area"of the suite had a couch and soft chair, along with a desk. Lighting was provided by lamps on side tables, and was pretty good. The TV's are basic models, nothing fancy.

Same in the bedroom ... a basic bed, bedding that is the "economy" style rather than high-thread-count sheets, and a mattress that was too soft for my taste. The bathroom was showing its age a bit, with some paint cracked at the bottom of the door and peeling wallpaper around the edges of surfaces.

The room was clean, as was the lobby. I didn't try the morning breakfast; my husband did and said it was nothing to get excited by. A complimentary shuttle is available for O'Hare travel, or might be able to take you to nearby businesses if you inquire early enough. Books are available to borrow in the lobby - a nice touch.

I heard very little airport noise the two nights I was there, but that could been because of particular flight patterns and runway use. Both mornings around 5:30am the traffic on the very close-by tri-state tollway was loud enough, particularly with truck traffic, to wake me, even with the windows closed.

AC and heating is provided by an under-the-window unit, with little ability to vary temperature much and a lot of noise produced if you DO want to heat or cool the room.

There is nothing within easy walking distance, particularly because there aren't any sidewalks in the area.

If you need a basic place to stay on the north side of Elmhurst, this might suit you.

• Stayed September 2008
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2008

We have stayed at other Country Inns and like them so much that we normally look out for them we plan trips or on the road. This one doesn't hold a candle to most of the Country Inns we have stayed at around the country.

1. The pool area is small feels like I am swimming in a bathtub.

2. The staff are liars and overbearing, when I complained that the door wouldnt work that was conveinant to my room he said he would take care of it. Later on that night we learned that those doors were locked because they didn't want people smoking out of it. The man at the desk could of been honest.

3. It snowed that night and the parking lot wasn't cleared till about 1pm.

4. Could hear running and clomping from the floor above all night.

Also the lobby and the room and the furshings just weren't as nice as other country inns.

Stayed December 2007

Travelers are raving about these Bensenville hotels

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2007

Stayed 1 night before flying to San Juan for our Cruise. Very Clean, VERY QUIET. Shuttle took us right at 5:00 a.m. to airport. They were waiting for us when we returned. I will use this nice clean, quiet place again.

• Liked — Clean
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2007

We checked in and the first sign we saw as the front desk was "Quiet Time, All guests must be in there room with there doors locked at 10:30pm) That was the first turnoff.

Staff was NOT helpful when it came to suggestions outside of a 2 miles distance.

Rooms: BEDS were HORRIBLE!!! Pillows were HORRIBLE!!!

Heard people above us walking around and flushing there toliets.

• Liked — Free Cookies???
  • Disliked — Everything!!!!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2007

Did a real quick trip to Chicago for the 1st Reggaefest, located in Union Park Aug 18, 2007. Stayed at the Country Inn and Suites O'Hare South. The staff allowed us to check in earlier and they were so accomodating, with directions, and prices of different parking and transportation options. The breakfast in the morning was very good, considering it was included in the price. We were pleasantly suprised with waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, and assortment of fruits, muffins, and cereal with a nice selection of other breakfast beverages. The location appeared to be safe and really convenient if you have a flight out of O'Hare. If you rent a car, there are good familiar and new restaurants close to this location. The guestrooms, swimming pool, and the fitness center had signs of good upkeep. Would definetely stay here again.

Stayed August 2007
new york, ny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

When my usual discount standbys (The Wyndham and Hyatt) were unavailable, I picked up the Country Inn and Suites on Hotwire as a last resort.

The hotel is definitely further out than other airport hotels I've stayed at, and the shuttle is not that frequent at only once an hour. The little interaction I had with the staff was positive, as they were able to accommodate an early check-in for me. The decor was standard (read: boring), but everything was clean and internet access was free. My two biggest complaints were the uncomfortable beds (I tried both) and the freaking loud doors that were slamming all night.

There's absolutely nothing nearby the hotel, but I was probably the only one without a car. I ended up walking a little more than half a mile to a Dominick's grocery store, since there weren't any other food options besides delivery. There was free breakfast in the morning that had stuff like sausage patties, eggs, and waffles, but there was also cereal and yogurt so I would think everyone would be happy.

I definitely wouldn't stay here again (mostly because of the location and the fact that my back hurt the next day), but I recognize that I'm not really their demographic anyway.

• Liked — Free wifi, breakfast.
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable beds, loud doors, bad location.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank MinibarRaider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensenville
Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South? Share your experiences!