“Nightmare Hotel! Dont ever go!!!!! awful!!!!!!!!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bensenville
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was my 31st wedding anniversary, with my family. I decided to go there for the pool i have a small grand child that i invited to stay. I booked a suit when checking in I asked if the pool and hot tub was working the young woman at the front desk advised me it was in working order. I arrived at the poorly lite pool area only half was lite, the water in the pool was to cold to enter, the hot tub was just warm. four of us tried to go swimming and could not take the cold, the front desk woman Mona came in to turn on the lights and i asked her if she could also turn up the heat in the pool. She was very nice and said yes, she sent in a man by the man of Justin , who told us he could not turn up the water with the proper authority he had a temperature gun that he pointed at the water that was reading 82 degrees, there is no way the water was at 82 degrees. So a Indian man came in and also took the temperature gun and pointed it at the water, and insisted it was 82 degrees in a abrasive tone for the next ten minutes argued this with me he had extremely bad customer service and was yelling at my daughter and i two woman with my 4 yrd grand daughter there. We were ready to return to our room when he continued to say he wanted to prove me wrong , at this point i then asked what his name was, he refused to give me his name and said " this is my hotel and i want you to leave." " you get out now" exact words I have never in my life been treated so badly and inappropriately ! A simple no would have been fine! but no this man wanted to prove me wrong! After i was putting on my cloths he stood there and watch us get dressed i asked him to leave and he again told me this was his hotel went to there to have a good time with my family and instead was kicked out on my anniversary! DONT EVER GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!! the man name was SUNNY!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Custumer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

On behalf of Carlson Hotels, I would like to sincerely apologize for the events that occurred on such a special day as your Anniversary. We would like you to contact us directly to discuss your concerns at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Cheap price but far away.
Spacious room.
Pool did not look tempting.
Shuttle service worked but when arriving one must call them one hour ahead which I recon is quite a lot of waiting.
They did not respond email sent to them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to post this response. We are sorry to hear no one responded to your email and that the pool did not look tempting. We will be sure to share these comments with management.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

There has been some renovating and updating during the last year. The rooms were clean and a good size. The breakfeast is adequate. It is a good location with transportation to the airport and near interestate access.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We booked this hotel because of its proximity to O'Hare and for its amenities. Both were acceptable. The room was a good size and everything was quite clean. We enjoyed using the pool and spa very much. Please take note that the shuttle only picks up from the airport once each hour--about 20 minutes after the hour. And you must call after your arrival at the airport. If you miss that, you must wait another hour or take a taxi. Call the hotel for their discounted taxi service. They do not volunteer this information; we had to learn the hard way.

Breakfast was good, but the eating area was very crowded, as there was a bus tour staying at the same time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed on a Saturday night and we were part of a wedding party. We didn't check in until after midnight and the staff gave us no problems (we did call beforehand). When we arrived in our room, the tv was already on...weird. We left very early the next morning, by 7am so we didn't stay too long and didn't really take too much notice of anything else (did I mention that we were part of a wedding party?) Even though we made our reservations late, the staff still honored the discount price for the wedding. The wedding party that we were with was extremely loud and even though we didn't stay up with the main group, the staff was pretty patient as the party went onthroughout the hotel. We also really appreciated the breakfast in the morning. We especially loved the patio right outside the main lobby. It was a great place for everyone to come together. Would definitely stay there again and once again, Thank you for your patience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

my wife and i stayed here for the first two nights of a seven night vacation . After a nine hour flight from the uk this hotel was around a 15 minute drive from the airport . The staff were helpful ,the room was clean and of a good size with all the fixtures and fittings in good order and was quiet , my only slight gripe is that the corridors smelt a little on the smokey side . We thought the the breakfast was good , although they had run out of one the cereals on the second morning .We used the shuttle to get us to ohare so we cauld use the train to get to downtown chicago which was good . Overall a good stay for the price and would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently visited Chicago with a friend, and we stayed just outside of Chicago at the Country Inn and Suites in Bensenville. It was clean, comfortable and convenient. They offer a shuttle that leaves the inn each hour, and arrives at O'hare 15-20 minutes or so after each hour. You have to make reservations in advance, but it is easy. We used it every day to get to the blue line and take the T downtown, and they were prompt picking us up at the end of each day. They did ask that I call and confirm that we were in fact back at the airport, which I did each day, not a big deal. I will say the shuttle driver came across as a grump, but he is a very hard worker, as he was our driver almost all the time, sometimes leaving us off early in the morning, and picking us up late in the evening. He was actually a very good guy, just has a bit of a gruff demeanor.
Since I was traveling with a friend and not my husband or kids, we had a two room suite, which worked out perfectly. We each had our own sleeping area, and TV. The room was made up each day, and while it did show some signs of wear here and there, it was clean and functional. There is nothing close to this hotel, but there are places that will deliver if you need dinner. There is also a breakfast offering each morning. Nothing to write home about, but had enough to choose from. Check in was easy, and the front desk staff were very courteous and helpful. I had a few requests during our stay, and they were attentive and met all my needs. I would stay here again, and I would recommend it. Folks, lets be clear, this place is not 5 star, or even 4 star, but you get what you pay for. I got a very reasonable price on a two room suite, and feel that the service and accomodations easily met the price point.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank live2vayk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensenville
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South? Share your experiences!