“Excellent hotel for the money”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bensenville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent hotel for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I could not have asked for on my recent stay here for the price I paid. Every employee I engaged with was friendly and helpful. Free breakfast in the morning! I received a free welcome bag with bottled water and some other small items for being a Club Carlson member. Airport shuttle was prompt and easy, however, I didn't like the 24 hour notice you were supposed to give them. Our room was clean and great for the price.

If you need an airport hotel or a cheaper hotel, this place is perfect! Don't listen to the reviews of people expecting all hotels to be 5 stars. For the price however, this is a 5 star :D

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Hubby and I stayed here for a h.s. reunion close by...there are not a lot of choices, but this one looked clean, the back of the hotel is facing a golf course. The room we had was a king suite, it was nice and looked well maintained. We had called down to get some extra pillows, because the ones in the room were small. Never got the pillows? Not sure why, but I'm sure it would have made a big difference for us. Other than that it was good.

• Stayed August 2012
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

From booking to check out the whole experience was awful. The room expecially the rug was dirty and had a horrible musty odor. When tryint to use the club carlson points was ignored and when attempting to share concerns with management never even got the courtsy of a reply or return phone call even when I involved customer service (she did not get called back either). I was a long time Country Inn customer who stayed at sever other establishments but this one should be removed form the listing. The shuttle service was a joke not reliable and no one working there can tell you anything worth while about instructions but they will had you a map that is hard to read or understand. NEVER WILL I RECOVER FROM THIS HORRIBLE STAY! Worse stay ever. Do not stay here. You will regret it and your vacation will have been wasted. The noise from the planes was awful too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. We have notified management about the condition of the hotel, as well as the lack of service. We are currently taking the necessary steps to ensure issues like these do not reoccur. Thank you for providing us with feedback, we are using it to improve our hotel and align with the standards of the Country Inns & Suites brand. We hope you can give us a chance in the future to restore your faith in our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Bensenville hotels

Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because they offered complimentary airport shuttle and parking was included in the park and fly rate. Since we were arriving back to Chicago very late, we thought it would be nice to just stay the night at a hotel and drive home in the morning. I can say I'm not a particularly picky person, but after we checked in and found our room, the missing floor board, stained carpet and dark room was less than appealing. We went to the lobby to see about dining options, and the desk attendant was sitting with the shuttle/maintenance man eating pizza in the dining room. She pointed at some brochures that offered delivery food and didn't bother to get up. When we checked out in the morning, we had to wait for someone to appear at the front desk since it was left unattended. While I thought the airport shuttle was convenient, I probably wouldn't stay here again. My husband and I are both gold Club Carlson members, and neither were recognized or offered any upgrades. Even when we asked, we were told nothing was available. I wasn't expecting much, but a room without hair in the tub would have been an upgrade.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsHall2006
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay, and for taking the time to post a review. We pride ourselves in our dedication to go above and beyond to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of each and every one of our guests, and your review is certainly not indicative of the caliber of service we are known to provide.

I am sorry that your stay with us fell short of your expectations, and if you would be so kind to contact us at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com, we would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your visit.

Deanna
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel was very nice and clean and they served a pretty good breakfast each morning which is included in the room charge. The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The room was a good size (two queen beds) and the beds were comfortable. There was my wife and I as well as our sixteen year old son sharing the room and it worked out perfectly. My only complaint was that the cleaning fluid they used in the room had a very strong ammonia smell, but you got used to it when you were in the room for a while.

Room Tip: Make sure you have the breakfast each day before going out. The food was pretty good, lots of select...
Detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this location and, while we found the accommodations and price to be reasonable, we were a bit taken back by customer service issues. On two of the three days of our stay, we went to the front desk for general questions and requests and were quite appalled at the service given by a young middle-eastern girl who tried to brush us off at first. Once, when we stayed to have our questions answered, her responses were short and quite tepid. At one point she told us how busy she was (even though there was no one else around) and that she could not help us. The second time, as soon as she saw us coming toward the desk, she immediately picked up the phone, started dialing someone, and then started carrying on a conversation in her (non-English) language and would not even look at us to acknowledge we were there. She continued on this conversation until we finally gave up and walked away.

As mentioned, the accommodations were fine but I highly doubt we'll be back due to the service issues we encountered. It's too bad because I have many family members in the Chicago area and we were starting to scout locations for a huge family reunion next year. This location would have been great and we would have easily secured 15 rooms or more for our function. I believe there is another Country Inns near there that we may check out on our next trip.

Room Tip: Even though this is near an airport with planes flying overhead, we barely noticed them once inside...
2 Thank J R
Martinsville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Loved this property. Very clean and nice breakfast. They need to stock more food to buy for people who come in late from the airport and need something to eat. Great hotel for park and fly. Spirit Airlines is very cheap and flying out of O'Hare for a good rate makes the communute from Indy worth it with a family.
Good breakfast in the morning.
Pool was nice and so was the jaccazi.
Every hour transfer to O'hare which is great.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the golf course for quieter room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensenville
Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South? Share your experiences!