“Nice park & fly option for our trip”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bensenville
Reviewed June 28, 2012

A group from our church recently went on a mission trip and we were flying out of O'Hare so we chose to stay here to park & fly rather than paying for O'Hare parking. I'm glad we did - the rooms were clean, bathrooms had lots of counter space, and the shower head was fairly tall so I didn't have to do squats to wash my hair (I'm 6'4''). The free breakfast area is one of the largest I've seen and accommodated our large group very well with a good assortment of hot and cold choices. The shuttle driver was extremely courteous and helpful since we had some special needs that morning (had a vehicle follow to O'Hare and then follow the shuttle back to the hotel to park). We didn't use it but the pool area looked clean & well maintained. Desk staff was also very courteous and professional.

One minor thing - this property is next to a golf course and there aren't any eating options within walking distance. However there were many restaurants that appeared to deliver to the hotel, and I'm sure the staff could recommend something based on your preferences.

Upon returning from our mission trip, the shuttle service was again excellent. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed at CI this past May. Rate includes WIFI and breakfast. They also have a free shuttle to ORD. The hotel is newer, and very clean. No complaints on my part. I was a bit surprised as I arrived at the hotel Tuesday at around 5:30pm and the parking lot was practically full, well over 70 cars there on a Tuesday night. Most cars had IND and MKE plates. the parking is FREE, thought it is to be expected for CI. I HATE TO PAY FOR PARKING, and a lot of other hotels near ORD charge for parking. Since I'm a club Carlson member I was greeted with a goodie bag consisting of a water bottle, granola bar, and some candy and was thanked twice for being a CC member by the check in agent. Room # 110 was clean, spacious (I requested 2 queen beds) and quiet. I was a bit concerned that I was in the first floor, as the hallway lead to the outside door facing the street, but it was quiet throughout the night, and no one was hanging around on the hallways or lobby. My only complaint was the a/c did not cool off well, I didn't open the window as I was on the first floor, but I sleep well and woke up rested. There is not much nearby the hotel, does not appear to have anything within walking distance, you need a car if you plan on going to eat. I think my room was facing the back of the golf course, it was on the same area as the swimming pool and exercise area. The hallway went all the way towards Grand St.Other than that, excellent place to stay and I will certainly recommend it. The pool and exercise were good. Overall, not bad.

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the back of the nearby golf course.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We were searching for a great hotel that was cheaper than staying in downtown Chicago. Country Inns and Suites in Bensenville fit the bill just perfectly. When we arrived, there were plenty of carts available to take your luggage to your room. Providing a free breakfast was another of our requirements, which consisted of cereal, waffles, eggs, hot oatmeal, muffins, danishes, boiled eggs, and potatoes. Coffee seemed to be a little bitter though. The pool was great and the whirlpool even better. They also run a shuttle to O'hare every hour on the hour for convenient access to the airlines or the blue line transit stop. The shuttle will also pick you up at O'Hare airport with a call to the front desk when you arrive. Although we saw planes fly over, during the day, they weren't noisy enough to prevent sleep at the night. We also had great wireless internet service with no problems. Be sure to ask the front desk for recommendations of their favorite local restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2012

If you can find a good rate for this hotel, go for it. There is really nothing wrong with this establishment. As a Silver Club Carlson member I was upgraded to a suite on 3rd floor and given a goodies bag that comprises bottled water, cereal bar and candies, which is a nice touch.
Too bad I didn't try their breakfast the next morning because I had to leave really early.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The hotel was fine but the FREE Breakfast was the worse that I have ever seen. The waffle maker was the only saving grace. The eggs were watery and the other two items in the warmer were not eatible.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Check in was fast and friendly. Dolly at the front desk had some warm fresh-baked cookies to offer when I checked in at 6pm, along with a fresh pot of delicious coffee.
The suite was large and very comfy. Lots of soft over stuffed pillows on the bed. Great TV's with tons of channels. Wifi is fast and easy to access.

Will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. Great access to highways. I got from downtown Chicago to the hotel in rush hour traffic in under 30 minutes.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently and used the stay, park, and fly feature. We had an early Sat morning flight so having breakfast before we headed to the airpor was important. While making our reservations we were told breakfast was not available until 7:00 am on Saturdays. So we simply said that wouldn't work, but without hesitation the reservationist told us they would have breakfast available early for us. She insisted, so we booked it. Everything was perfect; comfortable room, delicious and timely breakfast, convenient shuttle to and from the airport and for such a reasonable price of only $79.00. But the best part is yet to come. When we got home we realized we had left something in our room before leaving for the airport (a week prior). After calling the hotel to check if they'd found it, they returned our call saying they had it. They volunteered to take it to the post office AND pay for the postage. I have never had that happen before nor would I ever expect that type of customer service. We will definitely stay here again. Thanks for making our stay such a great experience. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensenville
Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Best Western At O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL? Share your experiences!