Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL
$51
$101
Courtyard
$107
O'Hare Inn & Suites(Schiller Park)
$76
$175
$159
$92
$99
$134
$116
FourPoints.com
All reviewspool and hot tubo'hare airportan early flightfree breakfastclose to the airportone night staynice roomcookiesgolf coursefront desk clerkchicagoord
Reviewed August 4, 2011

There were a couple of hazard lights as soon as I entered the door. Firstly, the sliding door that you must pass to get into the hotel lets out a loud screech every time it opens and closes. It's annoyingly loud. The fact that this hasn't been attended to wasn't a good sign. It suggests that they don't care enough to make sure the first impression is a good one.

The person behind the counter was obnoxiously chewing gum with her mouth open, which is fine, but screams unprofessional. Even if you are going to do it, fine, just don't do it in front of customers.

The air in the hotel has a heavy quality to it. It could be from the pool that's inside the hotel. Speaking of which, I walked in while they were prepping rooms. The place wreaked of bleach. I figured their idea of cleaning is to just hose everything down in bleach. But after I checked in and saw the hotel, I'm sure the chlorine I smelled is from the pool.

The area where the wall meets the floor had holes showing (looks like they have been working on it and just left it). As I walked to my room, the area where two separate pieces of carpet meet didn't have a divider or anything to cover up the bare concrete floor. Instead there was a 2 inch gap between the pieces.

My nose is stopped up from breathing the air here. Inconvenient location. The free internet is slow. Decent speed wifi is an upgrade charge.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I second what was already mentioned previously. The hotel is not conveniently located. As previously mentioned, it was difficult to find even though it looked like it can be accessed off of I-294 but it wasn't. You definitely NEED A CAR if you want to sight see. The shuttle did take us to the airport so that we can catch the BLUE LINE for downtown. You need to reserve an hour in advance and it only leaves once at the top of the hour from 7AM to 9PM. It will take you abt 1 1/2 hour to get to your dwntn destination if using CTA (you're the last one to be dropped off at the terminal, must change to other lines, etc.) , so you must leave early if you're going to the museums which was pretty busy by late morning (we opted out of Shedd Aquarium bc by the time we got there, the lines were already very long). Friends who we met @ Navy Pier offered to bring us back to the hotel and the traffic on I-290 (Eisenhower Pkwy) was slow and heavy. So that's the inconvenience.

The breakfast was OK. They did have sausage links and molded scrambled eggs, along with boiled eggs, and yogurt for protein, no fruit, though, along with your standard starches. Surprisingly, I liked their oatmeal which is in a big pot and decaf coffee. Coffee was always available by the lobby.

As for the room, we had the 2 Q beds as there were 4 of us: 2 adults and 2 kids. It had a mini-fridge and microwave which was helpful to keep things cold (we had leftovers from Chinatown which we had for breakfast in lieu of their breakfast) and for warming things.

We didn't try the pool and Jacuzzi. The pool was open from 6AM to 10PM for kids and later for adults, which is nice if you want an early swim before checking out.

As for the noise, I beg to differ on this one from previous posts. I am very sensitive to noise, and it's not noisy, but you can hear it, especially if it's a big jet plane. And the planes landing are literally on top of the hotel. I was glad that air traffic slowed down by midnight.

All and all, I won't stay in this hotel again if my destination is downtown since it's too much of a hassle and have stayed elsewhere. I will stay here if I have a plane to catch within the hotel's shuttle service time but there are other hotels with a 24-hr service.

The rate was very good with free parking and breakfast. This is the reason we chose the hotel. But remember, if you book here, I hope you have a car because you will need it.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2010

i work in the travel business and know what it is searching for a good hotel with reasonable price that gives you all you need. this place gives it all , not only that. They dont only pick you up at the airport but they also give you shuttle service to numerous restaurants in a 5 mile radius from hotel. They even prepared a list of all the restaurants in the area. You have access to internet and read the reviews. We ate at Jade Dragon, 1/2 mile away where they make homemade Chinese food.
This hotel has a pool, gym, is very clean and quiet. All sanitary apparels work very well.Mattresses are hard enough. The only i'd say is that its a 15 minute ride from airport.
What you get in exchange for the price is worth the distance. The staff is very friendly and efficient. i give it 10

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ouihel01
Reviewed December 24, 2010

We stayed here for the Park, Sleep, Fly where you stay the night, take thier shuttle to the airport and leave your car in their lot for much cheaper. We asked about the shuttle the night before and were told it left each hour on the hour between 7am and 9pm. The next morning we get down to the lobby at 8:50 for the 9:00 shuttle we were told, "Oh, we won't have a driver here until 10am." WHAT?!?!?? So we had to get a cab which was $26. Then on our return, we called for the shuttle to pick us up at 7pm and we were informed that they didn't have anyone to drive the shuttle. This time they offered to send a cab but we would have to walk to the Hilton lobby instead of outside of baggage claim. We had to carry two sleeping children and 5 bags to the Hilton which was a 25 minute walk!

Needless to say, we were not happy!!! They also say that it is 6 miles from the airport but they fail to mention they are very far from the airport entrance. It took 20 minutes without any traffic to get to and from the airport. DO NOT STAY HERE. I also would say it is the worst County Inn I have stayed at, old and not that clean. We frequent them b/c of the breakfast but this was so not worth it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We have stayed at other hotel in Chicago area and have paid more and got less. We have stayed at this hotel on two other occasions for two nights at a time. Yes you can hear doors closing, as all hotels you can, never heard running water, we found the beds comfortable, and I have spinal stenosis so that was a pleasure, got excellent service by all staff members from front desk, maids and shuttle drivers, a good breakfeast included, a nice pool / spa area and when not in a smoking room we went outside and sat in a comfortable smoking area even after 10:30. We had friends from Chicago come to the hotel and enjoyed a evening of swimming and drinks and got only excellent help when needed. if you have transportation there is alot of things to do in the area. We like staying there as parking was free, the airplanes were alot quieter than the L-trains and we felt safer and more secure at Country Inns and Suites.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family