“BBQ ME ASAP ”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
“BBQ ME ASAP ”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Best BBQ in the area hands down. I love the loaded baked potato. Pulled pork sandwich is the best. Tons of condiments & sauces. Only complaint is the drink selection isn't so hot. I go there every time I make a trip to Belvidere.

1 Thank Cortney C

Chicago
“Great BBQ, bring cash”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Located next to 2 restaurants with empty parking lot, I had to try this outdoor tent and picnic table set up which was packed with a long line of people. I had the lunch special which was pulled pork sandwich , chips, and soda for under $7. I had a side of cornbread which came to a grand total of $7.50 for my lunch. Pork was tasty with 2 different BBQ sauce on the table one regular and one spicy. Can't beat the quality and price.

• Visited September 2013
Belvidere, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oink, Oink”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sooo good!! It makes me want to pig out. Hard to choose what to eat, so settled for loaded potato. Corn bread was very good, also. I have had sandwich before, that's what made it tough to decide what to eat.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago
“Best BBQ Shack!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

First off: Bring cash. This place is cash only. There does not appear to be an ATM immediately nearby.

Now the review:
This place is fantastic! We drove from Chicago and stopped here for lunch on a day trip to hike in the Rock Cut State Park. And we came here HUNGRY.

Driving up you will see that this place consists of a building for the kitchen and a number of outdoor seating (some covered). There is parking for carry out (15 minute parking) near the order area and plenty of parking for eating at the place.

Ordering food is done at a window under the covering of the building - there are a couple signs hanging outside of this area. We did not initially see the signs and followed a couple people that looked like they knew where they were going, then we saw the signs. After you order you will either get a stick (think this is for take out) or paper with your number on it (dine in). Assuming you are dinning in, find a table and stick your number into the holder in the middle of the table for the waitress to deliver your food.

We sat under the main building at a table. My husband commented that the chairs were the most comfortable plastic folding chairs that he has ever sat on. There are picnic tables under another structure for parties larger than 4 people.

We ordered a brisket sandwich, pulled pork sandwich, a side of beans, a side of cole slaw, and a side of potato salad (spent less than $25). We waited about 5 minutes for our food to be brought out. The food is delicious. There are a couple BBQ sauces (original & spicy) available on the table that are pretty good. We preferred the original sauce. The food is generous portions. We did not eat breakfast and were very hungry... we did not quite finish everything off.

At the order window there are some fantastic looking pieces of pie & cookies. We did not order dessert, however it looked fantastic.

We saw signs for live music to be play this coming weekend for the holiday. We would have loved to enjoy a band while eating here!

The only improvement for this place would be to serve beer or allow BYOB! A beer with this food would be amazing.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nikki S
RV'n full-time
“Excellent barbecue at road-side stand”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

After our underwhelming first try at Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, Teri and I decided to go for some barbecue, and this time we hit a home run.

There's certainly nothing fancy at this place, but it's clean and comfortable, and we had the added entertainment of 2 young siblings playing on the rope swing out front.

We both had the brisket sandwich and it was excellent - very tender but not falling apart, good smoke-ring, not heavily sauced (all that stuff I learned from Myron on the barbecue show!). Smokin' Coops home-made barbecue sauce was on the table, and that really worked well... I wish they sold it, I'd have bought several bottles!

We had corn-on-the-cob (fresh and sweet), potato salad (a little heavy on the mayo, but very tasty) and cole slaw (a bit creamy, but tasty) as sides.

All-in-all an excellent meal in pleasant surroundings. Couldn't ask for better.

• Visited August 2013