Red Parrot Inn
  • Breakfast included
$93
$87
  • Pool
Humberto's Hotel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
$27
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Tinhat Boutique Hotel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
$18
$68
$59
  • Beachfront
Alu Hotel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
$25
$24
Bahay Ni Tuding Inn(Davao City)(Great Value!)
$38
Agoda.com
Marco Polo Davao(Davao City)
$73
$65
Regency Inn(Davao City)
$25
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeach parkdavao cityislandariesmarketswimhousewharfpackagetelevisionfamiliesportstaanatoiletries
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went there with my family, the whole house package is great, its comfortable, its clean and the staff are nice! The island hoping is fantastic. We had a great stay and will certainly come back. I recommend you to get the whole house to enjoy the space and the vibes of being at home, and the view outside the veranda is so relaxing, spendng time with your love one with a bottle of beer is heaven. Thank you mam cleo for the heart warming accomodation. You guys makes my vacation in PINAS worthwhile. Until then!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank didi-chard
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I love the Red Parrot Inn and the staff are very accommodating. Best place to stay in Kaputian, Samal. Foods are very affordable, clean rooms and I love the park. I think the downside of the place in kaputian (not the inn) is the water...every 11pm - 5am no water in the faucet but 5:30am is operational. Thank you Red Parrot Inn. Be back soon.

Room Tip: Type of rooms are cottages but very nice indeed and de luxe room where you can see the front beach and fronting Talikud Island.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Judax09
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The best part of our stay here is that the staff are very friendly. We met the owner Cleo and was very pleasant and accommodating to us. Her staff went to the market to buy fish for us and even got us the best chicken and goat from their farm for affordable price and they also cook it for us.

We were gonna stay at neighbor resort but most of them does not allow us to cook our own food or bring food from outside. Red Parrot allow us to bring our own food with no extra fees and they also have a mini store for us to buy what we need. It is also only walking distance to Kaputian beach resort and other convenience store compare to other resort where you need to drive far to buy something at cheaper price.

The rooms are very clean and affordable. They also gave us extra bed for our guest to sleep in at a cheap price per head. We can also see the ocean from our window. If you are looking for something that is not too fancy and expensive but affordable clean friendly staff and neighborhood, Red Parrot Inn is for you.

We will visit again. Thank you Cleo and staff for the wonderful experience and we really had a wonderful time at Red Parrot Inn.

Mahalo and Aloha! Until we meet again...

Room Tip: Choose a room near the ocean and overlooking
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jeff A
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This review is long overdue. My wife and I stayed at the Red Parrot Inn for four days back in March and I'm just getting around to writing this review. That being said, we're already making plans to return there in November!

For starters, the staff were absolutely AMAZING! Miss Cleo, the owner, was very kind and sociable. She came and spoke with us as well as other guests on numerous occasions during our stay. She made us feel right at home. The rest of the staff were always there whenever we needed something, even late into the evening (look for Jek Jek, Aron, and Aries). Before our arrival, I corresponded with Miss Cleo and with Aries via email. They were both very helpful with securing reservations, making suggestions about sightseeing, transportation, food, etcetera.

Upon our arrival, we were immediately upgraded from a standard room to a deluxe room which was phenomenal. Our first day there, there were only a few other guests so we had the place pretty much to ourselves. The views are to die for. Put it this way, when I retire, I hope to set up something very similar in a very similar location... ;~)

Our room was very spacious, clean and already cool as the aircon had been turned on prior to our arrival (very efficient aircon, too). There was a television with DVD player (you could 'rent' movies at the bar for a paltry P10 or about 20 cents), a very comfortable bed with fresh linens, a well appointed bathroom, a clothing cabinet with several drawers that locked so you could secure your valuables if so desired. In all honesty, this is one of the best hotel rooms that I've ever stayed in. it was the most serene and comfortable experience and I can't wait to get back there again.

On to the grounds of the hotel itself. It is directly facing the water and there are actually steps leading from the terrace(?) going down into the water (there isn't much of a beach to speak of but I didn't mind that one little bit) so you can walk right down and have a swim (even at night, as they have floodlights set to illuminate the water area in front of the hotel). You can't begin to imagine how luxurious that feels! There aren't so many rooms so you never have to worry about feeling too crowded. They even have a large apartment-style place in the center of the hotel that can accommodate entire families (up to 10 or 12 people, I'd say). There's a nice bar where you can get just about any kind of drink you could want (if you have special food or drink requests, you can let them know ahead of time and they will get what you want, for a nominal fee of course).

They have a restaurant that cooks the typical fare but it is absolutely wonderful. The food is just a tad expensive because it is an island and they do have to go a good distance to get it fresh everyday but it is absolutely worth every centavo you pay for it. Here's the kicker, though. They provide kitchen facilities if you'd like to bring and cook your own food! How cool is that?!?! Another good thing is that they let you run a tab and just pay at the end of your stay so you don't have to worry about carrying all kinds of cash with you.

One thing I will say, the location is pretty far from anything else. I didn't mind that at all because it made for a nice quiet and relaxing stay after a few days of staying the the noisy city of Davao. Should you want to see the sights in the area, it will require some travel but ti's worth it. We saw a pretty wild place called the Monfort Bat Cave which had literally millions of bats that you could get within like 10 feet of as they were roosting. We also went to a pretty amazing man-made waterfall area and had a nice, refreshing swim in the cool water. We took motorcycle rides to both places but you can rent a van if you prefer. Miss Cleo or any other the other staff at Red Parrot can arrange anything like that for you. We didn't do the island hopping tour, but it was available.

Overall, I rate the Red Parrot Inn a resounding 100 out of 100 and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone who is looking for a nice, quiet and relaxing place to enjoy some time by the water.

Oh, I forgot to mention, they actually DO have several red parrots and a white cockatoo on the terrace next to the bar! They were quite entertaining at times, especially the cockatoo, who like to talk a bit. If you see him, say hello for me! I'm sure he'll answer you back!

Room Tip: I would recommend one of the deluxe rooms overlooking the ocean. The view is just spectacular and the sound of the water and waves at night will lull you straight to sleep, for the best night's sleep you've had in years!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Todd B
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Reservation of a deluxe room, but upon arrival was upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite. Thanks! Entered to a room already cool from the running air conditioner. Although the room had just been cleaned, the staff neglected the bathroom mirror (minor issue - but a kind reminder to be a bit more thorough would prevent this). Otherwise, the room was delightful, with a shared balcony overlooking the water (sunset side). Madame Cleo advised that we could purchase food either at the bar (whatever food they have for the evening) or walk down to the market and purchase food that the staff would cook for us. Able to dine peaceably on the balcony and in the room, and the milkfish Madame Cleo provided was delicious. Able to accumulate a tab to pay at the end of the stay - the tab was accurate and staff were friendly when presenting same.
Madame Cleo was also able to arrange transport to the Monfort Bat Caves, and we also took the 'Bounty Hunter' out on an Island Hopping tour around Talicud Island. Every excursion was easily arranged and reasonably priced. Be aware that the Red Parrot does not have a beach, and the beach park down the way is simply not a nice beach. However, the smiles, attention and service more than make up for a so-so location (if you like beaches, that is!) Also, be aware that Kaputian is far from much of anything else. Staying in Red Parrot Inn is more than likely a lovely place to get away from the noise of the port town and the nearby resorts. But that doesn't mean you'll be spared from the noise of the red parrots! :-)

All in all, Red Parrot was a relaxing holiday. Many kind regards to Cleo and her staff for attending to our every need. It was a pleasure staying in your inn.

Room Tip: Cottages don't have wifi...to my knowledge.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple