“Still beautiful after all these years...”

National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Belleville
Carmel, Indiana
217 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 241 helpful votes
“Still beautiful after all these years...”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

During a recent trip to St. Louis, my husband and I stopped at Our Lady of the Snows. I have been coming here with my family since I was 4 or 5 years old ( a long, long time!). The grounds are as lovely and peaceful as I remember them and all the old memories of coming here with family and friends rushed back as soon as I saw the main Shrine. I'm so glad to be able to share these memories with my husband and that the Shrine is still there and thriving!!!

Visited April 2013

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful and serene”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm not Catholic, but this is a beautiful place to tour and connect with nature (perhaps almost literally, bring the bug spray if your here in the summer). Best tip I've heard is to go here during the Christmas season for the tour of lights.

Visited July 2013
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Celebration of Christmas the way iy should be.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The lights were beautiful and the tree room was something to see. There was a small petting zoo and a place for the kiddos to take camel rides. They ask for donations upon exit so you might want to be prepared for that.

Visited December 2012
Ohio
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Finally Made It!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had been wanting to visit this shrine for several years, but we were always in too much of a hurry to get home. Last summer on our way back from Branson, we finally made it. We were all so glad that we did. It is beautiful and peaceful. It is a shrine used by locals and tourists alike. It was a short visit but it will not be our last. We need more places for spiritual renewal like this one.

Visited September 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Went for lunch...”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A couple of friends and I are "touring" our home town area this summer , visiting various attractions and restaurants. We're trying to go to those "we should go there sometime" places! Our list thus far includes places none of us has been to and some that one or the other has tried and wants to share with the rest.
So today was The National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows in Belleville , IL.
You could order from a menu or get the soup and salad buffet (priced at $7.99. ) We both had the buffet which was very nice. I would say there were about 8 soups/ 2 salads pre-made and make your own salad. I chose the Caesar Salad and Steak soup which were both very good. Definitely give it a try if you're in the St. Louis/Belleville , IL area. I think you'll be glad you did!

Visited July 2013