“great intown location”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Oregon
“great intown location”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

we have stayed at this hotel several times and have never had any complaints. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with fridge , micro and flat screens in all rooms The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is right at the edge of downtown on the main street so one can walk to the many shops and restaurants.-. also just a very short distance from the fairgrounds. Only thing I would change is a little better lighting in bathroom. Very reasonable rates, Will stay here every year when we are in Belleville..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Troy, Missouri
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I experienced the Super 8 while passing through Illinois and I had the most wonderful stay. Everyone went above and beyond the call of duty and the estabilishment itself was absolutely outstanding! I will definitely be recomminding the Super 8 to my friends and family as will be staying there again. Thank you for the outstanding time. However, one detail that was missing was a pool. Other then that I give 5 stars!!!

Marcia Rolands

Room Tip: All the rooms were fabulous, even the ones that the rest of my family stayed in.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Gulfport, MS
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This motel is located in town & easy walking distance. The rooms were clean & beds comfortable. We had 3 problems. First the ceiling in bathroom of room 115 was dripping water from above room. The carpet between the bed & bath was wet. The fridge didn't work. Talked to office in person & he made notes of it & said they could move us if they had a room available. Repair guy came by & looked at leak & carpet. Said plumber had probably let water run out of pipe being fixed in laundry room next door & that he would soak up water & put out air freshener or something. Said didn't see any leaks in bath. I showed him the water dripping on floor from ceiling. He said a fitting on upstairs sink probably hadn't been tighten.
There is about an 8" diameter spot where the water has been dripping for a long time. If not fixed the ceiling will fall one day. Also the fridge stopped working. He did replace it right away. When we checked out Monday am, the carpet was still wet & ceiling still dripping water.
We was never moved nor did anyone from office checked to see if problems were fixed.
Other than these problems, everything else was good. The staff was friendly & we felt secure the whole time we was there. I would stay there again, but different room.
TV worked great & was big flat screen HD. Water was hot & beds comfortable. Ac worked fine & was not too noisy. The water problems was only minor and did not affect our stay, but for others it may be a problem.

Room Tip: Check for leaks, fridge & other problems, wet carpet & insist on fixes or different room if...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank goodolerebel
kansas city
Reviewed April 26, 2012

clean, friendly and a good price. micro wave oven and fridge. king size bed and wifi for $43.95. hard to match. john

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank john m
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is, perhaps the best Super 8 motel there is.......it would be hard to beat!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gold-vintner
Mt Vernon, IL
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed in the same room as Flowergirl11. When I first got there I was a little worried because my GPS brought me to the hotel a back way that looked like a bad neighborhood in the dark.

I didn't mind the minor problem of the card keys not working and I hardly heard anyone on the metal stairs outside my door.

My issues were: Someone else reviewed and said it looked like the hotel has permanent residents...I agree. The hot tub really needed some work on it. Cleaning it up (appearance) and finishing the woodwork on the frame would really have improved appearances. Getting rid of the old broken control panel would be good too. The heater's auto control didn't work. My room was either too hot or too cold. There were several switches that didn't seem to serve a purpose.

NOTE: If it's cold out side, turn on the heater and walk away. It was 42 out and it took my room 4 hours to warm up enough so that I could shed my jacket.

On the upside, being downtown it was surprisingly quiet. The room was spacious and didn't smell. It looked like they redid the bathroom recently or do an excellent job keeping it clean. The bed was comfortable...but squeaky. Nice large TV. Internet access was very fast. Free breakfast saved my hungry butt several times. With a little paint in some places and a better heating unit, that room could have been really sweet. I did have access to a microwave and fridge in my room. Nice big dresser/cabinet for clothes & storage.

Would I stay again? Yes....preferably in the spring or summer when I didn't need heat.

Not really in the Hotel's control: There was a dog show or dog pound staying the night. The next morning I saw more then 40 dogs leaving. The noise wasn't too bad, the thick walls probably helped that.

Room Tip: Top floor, preferably end room seems to be the quietest. Hot tub adds something nice for not too te...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dale S
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I were delightfully surprised at the quality of this Super 8! It had recently been renovated and our room featured brightly painted walls, a clean and colorful bedspread, and a nicely upholstered chair. It is by far the nicely Super 8 I've ever stayed at and, on its own merits, is a solid hotel and a very good value. The staff is very friendly and accommodating as well; the manager offered to make us a fresh pot of coffee for the road after we checked out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jason Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Super 8 O'Fallon
Super 8 O'Fallon
#6 of 12 in O'Fallon
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#5 of 12 in O'Fallon
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL
La Quinta Inn & Suites O'Fallon, IL - St. Louis

Been to Super 8 Belleville St. Louis Area? Share your experiences!